Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by tedwillie View Post
    Anyone else checking the website get a look at the Photo of the Day this morning? It was pretty hilarious.

I'm not sure if it was a joke or not, but the Photo of the Day was of basically a river of ice down some trail. I mean you can ice skate down that. I was really surprised as that didn't look to be helping the marketing campaign of "we still have snow." It was so awesome I had to take a screen shot.

Two hours later I went back and the photo was replaced with a shot of spring fling lol. It couldn't have been a more appropriate 180...from a photo of pure ice to a nice white trail.

Also the tone in the snow report changed completely as soon as John Atkinson updated it at 10am...I don't know who Nadene Rowell (sp?) is on the snow phone but she was pretty down this morning about the rain, then Atkinson jumps in and its a fantastic day out there.

The ice flow is on the section of organ grinder between downspout and lower jester. thats always really icy but nobody skis it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    The ice flow is on the section of organ grinder between downspout and lower jester. thats always really icy but nobody skis it.
    I was wondering if thats where that was...that sort of no mans land section.

Not that it matters, it was just a funny change from that to a photo of Spring Fling.

Going to be a sweet weekend...driving up in the morning from Mass. Hope to be on slope by 10am when it softens.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwillie View Post
    I was wondering if thats where that was...that sort of no mans land section.

Not that it matters, it was just a funny change from that to a photo of Spring Fling.

Going to be a sweet weekend...driving up in the morning from Mass. Hope to be on slope by 10am when it softens.
    That was before and after grooming. First showed what Thursday looked liked on Grinder Flats. Second was Spring Fling after grooming. Nadine did both posts and both were John A pictures.
    Beautiful sunrise this morning😎

nice weekend but feels more like April, hope for at least a few more some of the best runs were Sunday not as goopy, left side corn slashing ,less people ripcord looked chitty lower grinder ,snowball , bird land had what I wanted !!lots of vert sat longest day so far waiting for midweek weather window if ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    That was before and after grooming. First showed what Thursday looked liked on Grinder Flats. Second was Spring Fling after grooming. Nadine did both posts and both were John A pictures.
    Beautiful sunrise this morning��
    Nice and well played... should've left the Grinder Flats photo up. I'd love to see what that ice looked like after taking a tiller to it.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Beautiful sunrise this morning��
    Nice and well played... should've left the Grinder Flats photo up. I'd love to see what that ice looked like after taking a tiller to it.

Fantastic weekend. I think last weekend might have been my favorite all season. Sunshine is intoxicating this time of year. So are Heady Toppers, lol.

Today was sweet got out at 1130 sunshine 40-50• so many local skiers and riders getting after it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anyone know who owns this forum (website)?

I'm assuming the same person (people) that own Alpinezone...

Ahhh, I totally missed that tidbit at the footer of the site. Thanks.

Hah...yea...I found this forum last year searching for something Sugarbush related and then from here found AZ as well.

Looks like a more normal mid-March weekend. Partly to mostly sunny both days. Not as warm as last weekend but should be nice.

What's the Roxbury Gap Road look like? Is it open? Looks like its been cold enough to hopefully be somewhat firm. I've got a Jeep so not concerned if it's marginal, but if it's a soup sandwich or actually closed I'll take the Gulch.

Just heard from someone who came over it ok. They were in a Suburban.

Thanks. Good to know.