Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Benski - what forecast are you looking at? the one from NWS shows it being real cold all week.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...t#.VorZCsArK2w

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I tell my guests all the time, if a trail is closed at sugarbush, its closed for a pretty damn good reason, so you dont want to duck any ropes. Patrol does a great job opening any trail that is remotely skiable.
    Absolutely agree. I see no reason to ever duck a rope at Sugarbush. They are very lenient with deciding when to open trails. If something isn't open, I trust patrol's decision 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Blowing down low is the priority, but if we can't we will go high to either expand places like North Lynx or FIS or improve what we have. GMVS actually like wet snow so we can go their with marginal temps around 28-29 wetbulb but would not want to do that on other trails. Valley House chair will be inaugurated tomorrow morning at 9am, and we should have 70+ trails open. We will keep the traverse closed for one more trail to let it cure and get the equipment off it and then open it on Wednesday. The Mall will be open in the am and we will assess Twist and Moonshine to see if we can open them too.
    Congratulations!

We have a special weather service from Tony Vazzano that many ski areas use. It arrives around 6:45am. It is very specific for the next 48 hours giving us temps, humidity and wind direction and speeds at summit, mid and base. It also has a rain or snow forecast. It also has a slightly less detailed report for next 5 days. This is what we rely on when we do our daily snow plan at 1 pm and often get a verbal phone update if we feel it is needed.

Rode our new VH lift at 9am today and skied silk on Upper Snowball and Spring Fling. Opened Stein's, The Mall, Twist and Moonshine too. We will run VH all week to get run time. Then next week we go to running it Friday to Sunday and Holidays but clear it every day in case needed.

That is good news Win. I bet today was the day to ski. So Jealous.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Rode our new VH lift at 9am today and skied silk on Upper Snowball and Spring Fling. Opened Stein's, The Mall, Twist and Moonshine too. We will run VH all week to get run time. Then next week we go to running it Friday to Sunday and Holidays but clear it every day in case needed.
    Win , Congrats. We weekend (sometime Week) Warriors are all extremely jealous.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Just have to brag a bit while we can. This is from this morning's Snocountry.com. As I said in a prior post, we do open terrain aggressively if deemed sage by patrol.

1/5/2016 Trails Open Acreage Open Miles Open

Sugarbush 67 308 30
    Killington 39 153 14
    Mount Snow 17 177 12
    Okemo 42 252 18
    Smuggs 28 40 NA
    Stowe 46 NA NA
    Stratton 27 145 11
    Jay Peak 35 60 9
    Bolton 4 15 1
    Sugarloaf 46 229 21
    Sunday River 48 293 22
    Loon Open 30 195 15

It is nice to see everyone expanding terrain. We opened 4 more after this report and I see Stowe opened three. Did not check the rest. Everyone needs this after the dismal start to the season.

I'm very jealous at the moment sitting in my office seeing these reports.

Great job this season Win, great news on the new Valley House lift. congratulations.

Hopefully some of the natural trails can hold up to the weekend. Very jealous of the mid week peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Hopefully some of the natural trails can hold up to the weekend. Very jealous of the mid week peeps.
    The cold weather of the past couple of days should help that. Opening the Rock for hiking tomorrow (sorry!) This sure beats my former life!

The cold weather of the past couple of days should help that. Opening the Rock for hiking tomorrow (sorry!) This sure beats my former life!
    That hurts. Think of us flat landers.

Just have to brag a bit while we can. This is from this morning's Snocountry.com. As I said in a prior post, we do open terrain aggressively if deemed sage by patrol.

1/5/2016 Trails Open Acreage Open Miles Open

Sugarbush 67 308 30
    Killington 39 153 14
    Mount Snow 17 177 12
    Okemo 42 252 18
    Smuggs 28 40 NA
    Stowe 46 NA NA
    Stratton 27 145 11
    Jay Peak 35 60 9
    Bolton 4 15 1
    Sugarloaf 46 229 21
    Sunday River 48 293 22
    Loon Open 30 195 15

It is nice to see everyone expanding terrain. We opened 4 more after this report and I see Stowe opened three. Did not check the rest. Everyone needs this after the dismal start to the season.
    Great to see Sugarbush kicking every other ski area's ass!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    That hurts. Think of us flat landers.
    It's OK Howie. You will get some soon enough. The word from the secret poachers coalition is that CR is skiing pretty good. Wish I could be up there but work sux right now. Alas. the weather guys are starting to slide the forecast in the wrong direction for this weekend. I hope they are wrong. What are the local forecasters saying?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!