Thread: Tele help

Tele help

Hey guys, I will be up in the valley for xmas week again for about the 30th straight year (minus a year here and there). Considering the forecast doesn't look great as far as ripping powder in the trees in December, I am thinking about beginning my tele experience if its a groomer kind of week. I have been on a few sites looking up some used gear and thought I would see if any of you have any pointers/suggestions on purchasing and skiing tele. Including 3pin vs. NTN. Also, does any place up there rent a tele setup? Does Sugarbush offer tele lessons? I haven't had a lesson since I was 4 (37 now), and anticipate picking it up pretty quickly, but maybe a quick lesson would expedite that. Thanks

MRG usually rents equipment and has lessons. If I was starting I'd probably go that route. I think clear river sports is the only shop that still rents tele gear in the valley. Umiak in stowe rents too if your up for a drive. Sugarbush may have lessons too.

I've been 3pin forever. Have not tried an ntn setup. Not sure about the differences, but once you go one way the switching cost makes it more difficult to change.

I'm pretty sure Alpine Options rents tele gear. At least they did a few years ago when I tried tele and rented from them.

AO did a few years ago, but did not last year. Have not asked this year.

Thanks guys. I spoke with Joe from AO. He said they don't anymore but MRG is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Poacher View Post
    Thanks guys. I spoke with Joe from AO. He said they don't anymore but MRG is the way to go.
    pretty sure Clearwater sports in waitsfield rents tele gear.

Thanks Howie, they do.

If you like it, I've got gear for you cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Poacher View Post
    Hey guys, I will be up in the valley for xmas week again for about the 30th straight year (minus a year here and there). Considering the forecast doesn't look great as far as ripping powder in the trees in December, I am thinking about beginning my tele experience if its a groomer kind of week. I have been on a few sites looking up some used gear and thought I would see if any of you have any pointers/suggestions on purchasing and skiing tele. Including 3pin vs. NTN. Also, does any place up there rent a tele setup? Does Sugarbush offer tele lessons? I haven't had a lesson since I was 4 (37 now), and anticipate picking it up pretty quickly, but maybe a quick lesson would expedite that. Thanks
    One of our new housemates for this season is a long time Mad River tele instructor. PM me & I will give you his contact info.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"