looking for info on Apple watch and skiing

We all know on the hill and on the lift cell phone use is not easy. Getting the phone out of the parka and holding it with gloves really is not easy and also causes drops and loss. I am thinking about the Apple watch as the answer are there skiing gloves on the market today that you could insert the watch into and see the face and tap functions??? looking forward to what this group of knowledgeable skiers and cold weather experts think.
    Last edited by william; 10-26-2015 at 10:02 AM.

I ski to get away from my iPhone & technology. And even though I am a 20+ year Apple veteran, the Apple Watch is not for me.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    I ski to get away from my iPhone & technology. And even though I am a 20+ year Apple veteran, the Apple Watch is not for me.
    GS,

Think william is referring to on hill communications like 'where is my kids/family/ski buds' since no one uses the Motorola'a anymore ( why bring yet another device when one much smaller and have longer battery life will do both) then there are the kids in ski school and the occassional Dark Sky app user looking for when the the next squall is coming thru.

Then there are the apps - Fitbit stuff and ski app stuff like verts and runs, speed and distance. Everyone's got info they 'need'.

My wife has one, don't know if she'll be using it on the chair - but it is easier to see texts from Ski School or the 12 yr old with friends - still need the 6 in the pocket and it has to be on.

All that said, if you're sitting between GS and I on a chair and doing office/work-related stuff, we'll throw you off. . . . . . . and I don't even know GS. Kidding of course. . . . . . we'll just throw the I-Watch off.

I pine for the days when riding north from just West of Boston that my cell coverage would fade somewhere around Exit 9 on I89 in NH and that was it until Sunday night on way home - we all lived didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    We all know on the hill and on the lift cell phone use is not easy. Getting the phone out of the parka and holding it with gloves really is not easy and also causes drops and loss. I am thinking about the Apple watch as the answer are there skiing gloves on the market today that you could insert the watch into and see the face and tap functions??? looking forward to what this group of knowledgeable skiers and cold weather experts think.
    I have ear buds so I can easily answer a call without dealing with the phone. But the watch would be great for texting if it's not buried under layers on the wrist. Probably the best alternative are goggles with heads up display.