Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community day

Community day

A few take aways from today,.... New lodge at the top of Gatehouse, Mt Ellen open for skinning on Saturday nights

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    New lodge at the top of Gatehouse
    and...

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    A few take aways from today,.... New lodge at the top of Gatehouse, Mt Ellen open for skinning on Saturday nights
    New lodge, when? Any other details?

Here is my stream of conciousness report from my old memory banks. Win indicated that they are actively working on the new lodge. it is expected to be a reality in a year, or 2 maximum. Expectation is that with this lodge, more ski school programs will stay up top for lunch & ease the lunch crunch down below. The new 45 Low E guns and some mods to two compressors (or 2 new compressors, not sure which), the claim is the mt. will no longer run out of air before running out of water. Nothing stated whether snow making can now take place on orr trails at the same time. 17% energy reduction last year that frees up $$ for other improvememts. Major retrofitting of lifts during off season. New lift operations head working under John Hammomd with more emphasis on lift maintenance. The new building next to VHQ will serve the snow making crews. 9% increase in season tickets at this date compared to last year. 1700 boomer passes this year compared to 1000 at this time last year. Ski programs almost filled up. I have some iphone videos that i will have to watch when i have opportunity, to see what I missed. As usual, Win pulls his presentation off with ease!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

So is this lodge going to be a third cafeteria?

Very little info given Ben, but at the top of Gatehouse, I would expect some type of real food and bathrooms to keep folks from going back down to the base.We will just have to wait as there is no Q&A at these annual State of the Union of Sugarbush events. After the VHQ, this lodge is definitely the next essential investment. With all 3 base lifts running the uphill capacity will now be 6200 bodies per hour. All positivity today.
    Stan

I suspect the justification for a lodge at the top of Gatehouse is also influenced by summer wedding/party opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by sglatham View Post
    I suspect the justification for a lodge at the top of Gatehouse is also influenced by summer wedding/party opportunities.
    no doubt. whatever the reason, a new lodge is a good lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Here is my stream of conciousness report from my old memory banks. Win indicated that they are actively working on the new lodge. it is expected to be a reality in a year, or 2 maximum. Expectation is that with this lodge, more ski school programs will stay up top for lunch & ease the lunch crunch down below. The new 45 Low E guns and some mods to two compressors (or 2 new compressors, not sure which), the claim is the mt. will no longer run out of air before running out of water. Nothing stated whether snow making can now take place on orr trails at the same time. 17% energy reduction last year that frees up $$ for other improvememts. Major retrofitting of lifts during off season. New lift operations head working under John Hammomd with more emphasis on lift maintenance. The new building next to VHQ will serve the snow making crews. 9% increase in season tickets at this date compared to last year. 1700 boomer passes this year compared to 1000 at this time last year. Ski programs almost filled up. I have some iphone videos that i will have to watch when i have opportunity, to see what I missed. As usual, Win pulls his presentation off with ease!
    fwiw-17% reduction is not an insignificant amount of money, if my understanding of what they spend is accurate.

They could hold 3 weddings at same time. One at golf course. One in Gatehouse Lodge. And one in the new lodge at mid mountain.

All divorces to be held in Slidebrook,😈
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    New lodge, when? Any other details?
    Win mentioned the future lodge at the top of the Gatehouse area in passing as he was speaking about weddings and other activities. There was no additional detail or time frame given beyond it was in the future plans after Gadd Brook.

Any word on other new lifts. I know village is due to be replaced but the rest probably will be here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Any word on other new lifts. I know village is due to be replaced but the rest probably will be here for a while.
    Other than Village and maybe the Sunny D over at ME, I don't see any upcoming major needs to do any lift replacements. After all the recent overhauls of the remaining lifts I think they should be in pretty good shape for a bit.

I would bet that the lodge at the top of Gatehouse will be quite impressive. With its location, the aging condition and small size of the Glen house, and the ability to service weddings with full food service and full restrooms (sewer and water), it will become very popular very quickly. Seems like a no brainer. I know it won't be cheap to run sewer and water to it, just like it wasn't for Killington's Peak Lodge, but it will make it much more functional into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Other than Village and maybe the Sunny D over at ME, I don't see any upcoming major needs to do any lift replacements. After all the recent overhauls of the remaining lifts I think they should be in pretty good shape for a bit.
    If the electrical issues on Sunny D are fixed, it could probably run another decade. The bones are solid, it doesn't run fast, and a loaded line isn't that heavy. Same as village double. With the village double being upgraded when the development gets to that point, I can't imagine Sunny D will bet replaced before then unless absolutely necessary.