Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community day

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    fwiw-17% reduction is not an insignificant amount of money, if my understanding of what they spend is accurate.
    Howie, you are so very correct. Win appeared to ne more proud and happy with this big 17% energy reduction number, than almost all other accomplishments.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    If the electrical issues on Sunny D are fixed, it could probably run another decade. The bones are solid, it doesn't run fast, and a loaded line isn't that heavy. Same as village double. With the village double being upgraded when the development gets to that point, I can't imagine Sunny D will bet replaced before then unless absolutely necessary.
    Good to know. I know they had some issues with it last year, but didn't know the details.

It is a great place for a lodge but wish it was more accessible from the main mountain. Waiting in the GH line to get there will be prohibitive. It would be great if a lift could be put in from lets say Header/CR Run out intersection up to top of GH or something like that. Or make GH a 6 pack. Gondola cabins or bubble chairs would be nice for Slide Brook to get people from Mt Ellen to eat and then back.

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Howie, you are so very correct. Win appeared to ne more proud and happy with this big 17% energy reduction number, than almost all other accomplishments.
    I dont know the exact numbers, but I heard several years ago that the snowmaking cost over 10 million a season. so that would be a savings of almost 2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    It is a great place for a lodge but wish it was more accessible from the main mountain. Waiting in the GH line to get there will be prohibitive. It would be great if a lift could be put in from lets say Header/CR Run out intersection up to top of GH or something like that. Or make GH a 6 pack. Gondola cabins or bubble chairs would be nice for Slide Brook to get people from Mt Ellen to eat and then back.
    I don't think the line at the bottom of Gate House matters. What does matter is that people already go to were this lodge will be in hight numbers so the lodge will look appealing. I do like the idea of a lift from header to gate house although it should have a low capacity since I don't think those trails can take much more of a beating. Also the lift line would soften up really fast and would probably make some more glade lines accessible. In addition this would reduce the traffic on gondolier behind the gatehouse and on the last section of lower jester which are all problem areas.

Gondola cabins or bubble chairs would be nice for Slide Brook to get people from Mt Ellen to eat and then back.
    I don't really see a need for that. I'd rather spend money elsewhere on things really needed (not that I can think of anything offhand)

Or make GH a 6 pack. Gondola cabins or bubble chairs would be nice for Slide Brook to get people from Mt Ellen to eat and then back.
    Dblshot, you sure have some expensive tastes. Only so much $$ to go around. And i for one do not want SB to become Stratton North.😇😇
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Especially when it's not my money....just day dreaming at work....

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Dblshot, you sure have some expensive tastes. Only so much $$ to go around. And i for one do not want SB to become Stratton North.����
    Hah...I almost made the same Stratton comment but then changed my mind to be nice

Community day

I definitely don't think that's necessary. All these improvements are headed in the right direction and benefit the mountain and the skiing. I don't believe a Slide Brook Gondola would do either. It's already under utilized. Why would you pour money into a Gondola that would only have half the cabins full at best?
    Last edited by Ride Delaware ?; 10-13-2015 at 05:01 PM.

If I could schedule the next improvement, it would be a trail allowing skiers to ski over to the Gatehouse chair from Lower Downspout. Something uphill from the area where the groomers are stored. It would reduce the traffic in front of the GH lodge, and reduce skating/poling. Or re-grading reverse traverse so that it is downhill. Or re-grading herringbone hill at the top of HG. I'm too old for that uphill stuff.

But I'll take a new VH lift now and a new lodge in a year or two and be perfectly happy! I am relieved that the resort is investing and trying to keep current.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    If I could schedule the next improvement, it would be a trail allowing skiers to ski over to the Gatehouse chair from Lower Downspout. Something uphill from the area where the groomers are stored. It would reduce the traffic in front of the GH lodge, and reduce skating/poling. Or re-grading reverse traverse so that it is downhill. Or re-grading herringbone hill at the top of HG. I'm too old for that uphill stuff.
    The current way is the only way to do that without going uphill. There should be a trail going from sleeper to castle rock runout or gondolier though to reduce traffic behind the lodge and allow people to ski faster as they cross behind. Really the only thing that can be don't to make it easier to get to the top of Gate House from lower downspout is another lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    The current way is the only way to do that without going uphill. There should be a trail going from sleeper to castle rock runout or gondolier though to reduce traffic behind the lodge and allow people to ski faster as they cross behind. Really the only thing that can be don't to make it easier to get to the top of Gate House from lower downspout is another lift.
    Unfortunately, I don't believe it's worth the hassle (permitting) and money because I don't think the traffic it would see would justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Yes Ben is right. There is no way to go from gondolier to Sleeper because it is up hill not to mention the whole Maintenance yard is in the way. Now a route from sleeper so you can go directly to the Bravo line is very doable. We used to do that all the time until I got stopped by the Maintenance guys and yelled at. They said I could be run over by a cat.

They are fixing reverse traverse as part of the VH lift upgrade I am told. The Herringbone section at HG.....I think you are out of luck on that.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I doubt adding a trail going form sleeper to gondolier would be very hard or expensive. Should be next on their to do list.