Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Well it is time to start the season. I am doing my annual visit to Sunday River to see old friends. Looks like they have a window tonight to add some more snow to the base they crated last weekend. Always fun to go back and hang with all the people we left behind so many years ago. Its really amazing how amped up I still get just to go and ski one trail. I can hardly work today.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Enjoy it over there Hawk. I haven't been back since I left 3 years ago. The logistics just haven't worked out. I should have hit Killington on my way home Tuesday, but I'm still rehabbing an ankle injury and decided it wasn't worth the risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well it is time to start the season. I am doing my annual visit to Sunday River to see old friends. Looks like they have a window tonight to add some more snow to the base they crated last weekend. Always fun to go back and hang with all the people we left behind so many years ago. Its really amazing how amped up I still get just to go and ski one trail. I can hardly work today.
    Good For You. Have a great early (I should say "pre") season day/weekend.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

I hope I am wrong, but the forecast for the next seven days does not look good for snowmaking. Highs in the upper 50s in the valley don't bode well for snow that will stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan82 View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but the forecast for the next seven days does not look good for snowmaking. Highs in the upper 50s in the valley don't bode well for snow that will stick around.
    I think you have it right. Time to be patient. Looks like a warm November.

opening thread 2015

Forecast is trending toward seasonable temps starting the second full week of November if forecasts hold. I'm hoping for a cold stretch after that, but downloading might be possible on opening day...

We only need 3 days of snowmaking temp for the mountain to get springfling and snowball ready....

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    We only need 3 days of snowmaking temp for the mountain to get springfling and snowball ready....
    3 days of optimal snowmaking. Things would really have to change for that to occur. But anything is possible...

Next weekend looks like it might be the right temps to start the party. Keep the fingers crossed!

10 years of colder?

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    Next weekend looks like it might be the right temps to start the party. Keep the fingers crossed!
    hows this for a bright prediction?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...868.1446731759

Window looks very small for Saturday night into Sunday morning with a decent warm up next week into the 40's. Not worth it.

Went Mountain biking last night and it was 70 degrees. Not feeling like winter at all. I hope this trend ends soon.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

We're getting some consistency from models and forecasters that things start to change as we head toward the weekend of 21st. Whether it will come in time and strong enough for Thanksgiving is a good question. There may be an opportunity to make some snow before then, but the (warm) wind will still be in your face.

Yes, models are finally trending towards consistency about two weeks out. At the very least we should be skiing and riding with some downloading by Thanksgiving. We just need the models to hold.

If the weather doesn't cooperate for opening November 21, then I probably won't be able to get up there until the 2nd week of December.