Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Lower Ripcord isn't skiable until we get some more snow there.
    I assume given the temps that production was marginal last night. Should be better this weekend. Makes a big difference when the wet bulbs get down into the teens, no?

10:25 AM

***Heaven's Gate and Super Bravo are currently on maintenance delay, but both lifts should reopen soon.***

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    10:25 AM

***Heaven's Gate and Super Bravo are currently on maintenance delay, but both lifts should reopen soon.***
    Some icing on HG sheaves and caused spacing problem on Bravo. Bravo took 20 minutes to respace

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I assume given the temps that production was marginal last night. Should be better this weekend. Makes a big difference when the wet bulbs get down into the teens, no?
    We had 118 guns combined blowing on both mountains. Not bad up high. Hope to last through day and night. Starting Friday colder through Sunday.

Downspout and lower DS between organ grinder and header has decent coverage and was skiing well. Below header lower jester gets thin. Coffee run was being hand shoveled by patrol this morning. Jester was "interesting" to say the least. Under the guns visibility was a problem with the snow constantly coating my goggles. Combine not being able to see with uneven terrain and "slow" spots from the wet snow under the guns. I did even still see a couple bare spots. Never made it to organ grinder as I wasn't in the mood to ski bumps under the guns. Couldn't tell from the top whether just the headwall was bumpy or whether the bumps went further down. In hindsight it might have been a better choice than jester. Glad the temps are a bit cooler today than predicted though so they can keep a lot of the guns running. Unless there's a major shift in the weather I think it will be a battle just to maintain what they currently have for the next couple weeks.

Was Mt Ellen's opening pushed back a day? I noticed the snow report talks about preparing for Saturday's opening. The date in the operating hours section says the 18th (Friday) though and that's what I remember being mentioned previously as well.

After 3 days of Power at Mt Baker I think I may pass this weekend. it will be my first pass in 5 or 6 years. I sincerely hope this is not what this year is going to be. Whole lot of suck going on right now.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Was Mt Ellen's opening pushed back a day? I noticed the snow report talks about preparing for Saturday's opening. The date in the operating hours section says the 18th (Friday) though and that's what I remember being mentioned previously as well.
    We are pushing ME back to Saturday and will be downloading.

Have Fun out there Hawk. Just remember December 2006 and what came along in February, March and April.

Win, we are all hoping, praying and asking Santa for a repeat of 2006!

2006-2007 was back when I made only one trip a year up to SB. I planned a 3 day trip for St Patty's day weekend that year and that Saturday and Sunday are still two days I will never forget. Count me in as hoping for a repeat of that year. If I remember correctly, it was around MLK that things turned around.

Yes, turned MLK. Had first snow here on Long Island, high winds, and a power line down with arcing all night long. Since we had 5" of snow there was no fire risk, but unnerving to have blue light from the arcing all night long. Not much sleep. But winter locked in and rock n rolled. I'll take another!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    After 3 days of Power at Mt Baker I think I may pass this weekend. it will be my first pass in 5 or 6 years. I sincerely hope this is not what this year is going to be. Whole lot of suck going on right now.
    Uhh hell. No video? What are we? Chopped liver. Need to see some real skiing?

Not being spoiled with west coast powder and in the spirit of making lemonade out of lemons, this weekend might not be so bad....at least relatively. Solid snow making temps and chance of some natural. Sunday could turn out to be a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    2006-2007 was back when I made only one trip a year up to SB. I planned a 3 day trip for St Patty's day weekend that year and that Saturday and Sunday are still two days I will never forget. Count me in as hoping for a repeat of that year. If I remember correctly, it was around MLK that things turned around.
    One of the most epic weekends I can remember. 2-3 feet on top of the base left over from vday. It was crazy town.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    One of the most epic weekends I can remember. 2-3 feet on top of the base left over from vday. It was crazy town.
    I remember that year very well. Work was slow and I was there for extended days over several of those storms. That was the year that we had some of our biggest off piste adventures.
    As for Baker, we really did not slow down long enough to take vid. I only have a few scattered pics. Snow was very deep and that place is actually a not so well know gem.
    A ski patroller told me to tell everybody out east, " It rains at Baker, don't go" LOL
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Hawk: It is well known and hope you got out on the arm and maybe into Hemispheres, but some of the best terrain is touring out of the Heather Meadows parking lot and over to Galena Lakes via Herman saddle. You can run the whole Table circuit. Hope you hit all of that.