Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    I am at Dana Farber right now waiting for a treatment and I cannot stop myself from chuckling about the same old retreaded criticisms about SB. ....Stowe has this....Killington is a beast....When is Sugarbush going to invest in a real snowmaking system to compete with Sunday River? I, for one, am extremely happy to leave Boston sbortly to drive up to Bragg Hill Rd, see some friends & to ski Sugarbush with no complaints for the balance of 2015. I will also be happy to have the opportunity to ski Utah for a week in late January & still have plenty of time to ski Sugarbush for another 3 momths when winter truly arrives. See you all on the slopes tomorrow no matter what he conditions are. Nothing any of us can do about it. Ski Ya. A happy & healthy New Year to all.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    I am at Dana Farber right now waiting for a treatment and I cannot stop myself from chuckling about the same old retreaded criticisms about SB. ....Stowe has this....Killington is a beast....When is Sugarbush going to invest in a real snowmaking system to compete with Sunday River? I, for one, am extremely happy to leave Boston sbortly to drive up to Bragg Hill Rd, see some friends & to ski Sugarbush with no complaints for the balance of 2015. I will also be happy to have the opportunity to ski Utah for a week in late January & still have plenty of time to ski Sugarbush for another 3 momths when winter truly arrives. See you all on the slopes tomorrow no matter what he conditions are. Nothing any of us can do about it. Ski Ya. A happy & healthy New Year to all.

Yeah, it almost as predictable as orange cones on the mass pike in the spring. Same people complaining about the same stuff. I don't know you Stan - best of luck with your treatments. Maybe someday we can take a few runs. Safe travels today

Good luck with your treatment. Wishing you the best.

Is the GMX lift broken today? It has been shown as "delayed" all day.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    Is the GMX lift broken today? It has been shown as "delayed" all day.
    Summit is on wind hold. No point in opening GMX if Summit isn't open since you still have to download on GMX after skiing off the Summit.

Got first chair on gatehouse today. Snow is decent so north star>mainstream>strait shot must be close to opening also. Also the grooming on ripcord was not good. I saw big chunks of snow on the left side of the trail, which was not groomed.

We lit up Gate House side for the first time of the season on Sunday night... Pushover, Lower Pushover, Sugarbear Road, Slowpoke, First Time, and the very lower half of Hot Shot, plus the base area from Bravo towards First Time. When I came in Monday night, the piles were massive. It was amazing to hear that the plan was to open all of it (except First Time) for Tuesday. Leaving the mtn Tuesday morning, the lift crews were busy working on getting the lift ready. Ramps to build at top and shoveling. From going bare ground to skiable terrain in 36 hours is impressive. The cold temps helped.

Reading the snow report projected for Wednesday, looks like ME will be going top to bottom tomorrow and everything but Ripcord and Slowpoke will be groomed.

Simply amazing what 24 hours of cold temps can do. Not sure where we're off to next, but if we got more cold temps coming later in the week, it shouldn't take too long to get SB->Fling and LSB->Racer's locked in. Be sure to thank your local snowmaker, especially those night shift guys

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    We lit up Gate House side for the first time of the season on Sunday night... Pushover, Lower Pushover, Sugarbear Road, Slowpoke, First Time, and the very lower half of Hot Shot, plus the base area from Bravo towards First Time. When I came in Monday night, the piles were massive. It was amazing to hear that the plan was to open all of it (except First Time) for Tuesday. Leaving the mtn Tuesday morning, the lift crews were busy working on getting the lift ready. Ramps to build at top and shoveling. From going bare ground to skiable terrain in 36 hours is impressive. The cold temps helped.

Reading the snow report projected for Wednesday, looks like ME will be going top to bottom tomorrow and everything but Ripcord and Slowpoke will be groomed.

Simply amazing what 24 hours of cold temps can do. Not sure where we're off to next, but if we got more cold temps coming later in the week, it shouldn't take too long to get SB->Fling and LSB->Racer's locked in. Be sure to thank your local snowmaker, especially those night shift guys
    Nice work! Very impressive how quickly that was opened. At the moment SB has more terrain open than K (11.9 miles/140 acres vs 9 miles/97 acres). Although until LP has an alternative to Downspout open I'm sure people will continue to complain anyway. At least a route open on GH should help keep the beginners away from DS.

Awesome job out there snowmaking team! Thanks for the updates Shady.

Went for a couple of walks today with the dog,... I think the skiing will be good tomorrow with the new snow. It's very dense and good base building kind of snow. If we got 6 more inches of this stuff I think a ton of natural terrain would open.

Ok, I gotta ask. Why were the guns blowing water today? I thought these guns were the latest and greatest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a couple reasons...
    1. nukes not firing properly - if the air and water is not being mixed, you won't be making snow
    2. not enough water pressure applied - most guns are "fixed flow" and are designed to run at higher pressure water. If someone didn't turn water up enough, it may not be making snow
    3. warming temps - temps did increase when daybreak hit. crews were shutting guns down when i left this morning.
    4. falling precip from the sky - started as snow, changed to sleet then showers
    Last edited by shadyjay; 12-29-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks, appreciate the response.
    Seems to be an ongoing issue, hope it gets sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy and healthy new year to you and everyone. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post

Went for a couple of walks today with the dog,... I think the skiing will be good tomorrow with the new snow. It's very dense and good base building kind of snow. If we got 6 more inches of this stuff I think a ton of natural terrain would open.
    It'll definitely be better tomorrow. With gatehouse opened, the kids will be over there so they can open gondolier. Coffe run today was something out of ski resort death race. And I would think they groom those whales. Hopefully heavens gate will be running too.
    Unfortunately temps are such that they won't get as good production as they did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post

I think you're getting a little ahead yourself, but I like the spirit. We get some nickel and dime stuff over the next week and colder temps, and who knows, by mlk weekend, there will be balance in universe.