Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Snow was nice today. Ripcord was fun..... Weather is not fun..
    Last edited by angler; 12-04-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Makes sense. I don't know if I ever even noticed where Route 21 comes out on Organgrinder. Then again I never really paid much attention to Monkey Butt either until a patroller I was riding the lift with one day told me to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Makes sense. I don't know if I ever even noticed where Route 21 comes out on Organgrinder. Then again I never really paid much attention to Monkey Butt either until a patroller I was riding the lift with one day told me to check it out.
    What is monkey butt. Route 21 comes out on just above grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    What is monkey butt. Route 21 comes out on just above grandstand.
    The little cut through the woods from Ripcord to Organgrinder that you can get to right near the top of the HG chair. Might just be a name patrol uses for that. Or the guy was just lying to me, but don't really see why he would have a reason to do that...

The snow on OG yesterday was fabulous. No crowds. The continuous loops in groomed softish snow were just what i needed. It was like my own Yellowstone East albeit with really only 4 trails. But on my first day of the season I was very satisfied until abou 2 PM when my quads acted up and OG & Jester & Downspout got sskied off.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Deathspout was a XXX Black Diamond Trail yesterday. Pick of the day once the sun shifted was Upper Ripcord to Highway 21.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Deathspout was a XXX Black Diamond Trail yesterday. Pick of the day once the sun shifted was Upper Ripcord to Highway 21.
    Death spout sucking under the current situation is inevitable. They need an alternative route to the bottom and lower ripcord to reduce traffic on it. I think your stuck with it for another week though. Time for some cold dances!

Death spout sucking under the current situation is inevitable. They need an alternative route to the bottom and lower ripcord to reduce traffic on it. I think your stuck with it for another week though. Time for some cold dances!
    Hopefully it won't be too bad midweek...finally planning on driving up tomorrow and skiing Tuesday-Thursday.

Better hope there are alternative trail options next week when seasonal programs start. Downspout was getting slick and dangerously crowded after 11 AM this weekend. Ski patrol was MIA and should have been out to caution the yahoos getting air and skiing/riding way too fast for the conditions.

This weather blows and ain't getting better anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Hopefully it won't be too bad midweek...finally planning on driving up tomorrow and skiing Tuesday-Thursday.
    Should be very fun. Might require walking on Route 21 for Ripcord, but hopefully it corns up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Mount Ellen opening day Friday the 18th?

Looking at the ten day I think that is the earliest possible date the mountain could get enough snow bellow summit to open Mt ellen without downloading. I think they have only made snow on rim run, elbow and inverness so far.

Yesterday they did some snow farming over the two water courses on Route 21.
    Stan

Believe me. We know the need for another route down . When you get 1,800 skiers on that trail it is going to get bad after a couple of hours. We want to get Sniwball and Spring Fling as soon as we have temps. Alternatively, we will focus on completing Lower Ripcord and Lower Jester. That will help a lot. We will resurface Upper Organgrinder too.

ME is scheduled for the 18th. We made snow on lowere Inverness for GMVS when we had temps lower and on Rim Run and Elbow, we will focus now on getting down the mountain when Temps allow.

This week does not look great. Snowmaking temps may only be marginal at higher elevations.
    Last edited by winjr; 12-07-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Better hope there are alternative trail options next week when seasonal programs start. Downspout was getting slick and dangerously crowded after 11 AM this weekend. Ski patrol was MIA and should have been out to caution the yahoos getting air and skiing/riding way too fast for the conditions.

Hmm I saw ski patrol standing on deathspout every time I skied it