Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Yup. I would like this also if it ever came to the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    The valley is still lacking in Indian food.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    If I want a quick good burger in the winter I'll stop in there.
    Really? Never heard anyone recommend the food there. I had a bad experience there 15-20 years ago and haven't been back.

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post
    Doesn't the Butchery have good sushi? His new place is great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah. Love that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Not necessarily true. I certainly can not be considered a local and I have had the sushi from the guys who go to Flatbread. They are like a travelling Sushi Outfit. They are very good. I also had the Sushi at the Butchery. They also do a good job but it is very limited. Let's face it. If you are not in a major Fishing outlet, the sushi can be limited and maybe not up to the standards of a Sushi addict. But for what it is, it is not bad. I will agree that if there was a dedicated Sushi Place that had good quality. I would go quite often. Sushi Oshi at Stowe does a good job. We go there whenever we are passing through.
    We always miss the sushi at flatbreads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yup. I would like this also if it ever came to the valley.
    Good call. Would love me some good indian.
    The millbrook inn on 17 used to have some indian on the menu but we never tried it

Landlocked, yes, but Jeff at the Butchery is supplied by Ethan at Wood Mountain Fish:

http://woodmountainfish.com

He brings seafood up daily from Boston. Great stuff. Not sure who supplies Himitsu at Flatbread, but it's also excellent. Butchery has sushi Weds. and Sat., Himitsu Weds. night.

might be time to spin-off this conversation to a separate thread! Of course, there's not much to write about today's skiing. Keeping hopes high, however. Kudos to Mt. Ops for making the most of a lousy situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Really? Never heard anyone recommend the food there. I had a bad experience there 15-20 years ago and haven't been back.
    Back when it was Pepper's? It was a good place to get breakfast, always got the eggs Benny. I admit I never think of Slide Brook as a place to go eat. I had the Rt 100 burger at the CR Pub over the weekend and it was very good!! Bring back the fried shrooms though....

Could use a short order breakfast place- I liked the one next to the Tavern years ago, quick and easy. What are the options now? Big Picture great but takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Dino from mutha stuffers recommended it to me one day is I gave it a try. Thought the burger was one of the best I had in the valley. Mad river barn and Hyde away would be my other choices for a good burger

Am I logged in to the correct forum? I will gladly skip a season full of the the sushi indian burgers if we can bring a good foot + of the white stuff to the Valley real soon. This weekend will be my first 3 days of the new season. All this talk about food only increases my ski appetite.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Am I logged in to the correct forum? I will gladly skip a season full of the the sushi indian burgers if we can bring a good foot + of the white stuff to the Valley real soon. This weekend will be my first 3 days of the new season. All this talk about food only increases my ski appetite.
    Man's gotta eat.
    ask and ye shall receive. 3-6" tomorrow on the mtn.

I have a lot of vacation time to use up before the end of the year, so I'm planning on making my first turns of the season this coming week mid-week as long as the weather cooperates...

Timbers is 50% off the next 3 weeks sunday-thursdays. Definitely worth a try for the people who have bad experiences in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by blakeslee_a View Post
    Timbers is 50% off the next 3 weeks sunday-thursdays. Definitely worth a try for the people who have bad experiences in the past!
    I saw that and am considering it with the discount. Even if I enjoy it, I can't see myself going there at the regular prices though. Their dinner entree prices are pretty close to Pitcher Inn and I find it extremely difficult to believe they will be able to execute the way Pitcher Inn does. Also, seeing on the menu that they charge for a basket of bread is a bit of turn off.

Sugarbush was on NECN this morning. Looked warm and wet. Not exactly a good combo. Hope they rebound today and tomorrow for the weekend. What is the plan for the snow making?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!