Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I realize that they are saying that they upgraded and have new equipment that should perhaps make things better. I just would not get my hopes up that it will changes things by leaps and bounds. With the current weather and the forecast it looks like a thanksgiving opening with just jester and downspout with down loading is what we will have. Either way I am skiing this weekend and next. I can't stand not being on snow. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    Agreed. Its all about the weather, but temps look ok starting saturday night. Not great, but ok.

While it looks like "colder" temps will arrive Friday night, it looks like the first good shot at snowmaking will be sometime Saturday night into Sunday morning. While it's a huge benefit to be able to run all of Jester and Downspout from Allyn's down, I still think the most likely scenario will be that they move the guns from Jester sometime Monday/Tuesday over to OG and get both of those trails going for Thanksgiving with downloading. I wouldn't be surprised if they start pushing toward the base down below HG (couple guns down to the Castlerock cutoff), but with temps at 24/25 most nights in the base, I have to imagine they will use the optimal temps up top and leave the bottom for another couple days until we see lows around 20.

I realize that they are saying that they upgraded and have new equipment that should perhaps make things better. I just would not get my hopes up that it will changes things by leaps and bounds. With the current weather and the forecast it looks like a thanksgiving opening with just jester and downspout with down loading is what we will have. Either way I am skiing this weekend and next. I can't stand not being on snow. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    Hawk, enjoy the skiing @ the River.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Hawk, enjoy the skiing @ the River.
    I will be in VT so probably Killington.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

The Big K it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stan

When is Tree Skier giving up on the Sea Side renovations and heading north????
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

When is Tree Skier giving up on the Sea Side renovations and heading north????
    I imagine that he will be up sometime over Thanksgiving weekend, with a stop at the River this upcoming weekend.

Stan

Beginning late Friday the higher elevation temperatures look very good for a few days but base area looks marginal now. We should be open on Thanksgiving but maybe with downloading. Whenever we have the window we will make a run to the bottom. We are all set up for that and already began Tuesday night when their was an inversion.

Can we get the Heavens Gate back online so we can see some snowmaking.

Good news, bad news...

The weather has been bad. Win and crew have been good, I'd say great. See Organgrinder? Added a better pic. And least we not forget ME.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cmoore; 11-20-2015 at 08:53 AM.

That looks pretty skiable. Should be able to get to HG with this next little cold spurt...

Looks like more than 12 guns were going on OG from here...

I don't know how accurate the thermometers are on the website (either LP or ME is broken/stuck), but if it really is 29 at the top, guns will likely be coming on and working downward sometime in the next couple hours. I think temps are supposed to drop throughout the day...

Mountain weather resource

There is data for two elevations, 500 & 1212 meters (1641 & 3977 feet). The freezing level is the freezing level and it is likely late today before snow making could resume even on top.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea.../forecasts/500

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    There is data for two elevations, 500 & 1212 meters (1641 & 3977 feet). The freezing level is the freezing level and it is likely late today before snow making could resume even on top.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea.../forecasts/500
    what's the wet bulb?

forecast has trended warmer for next week. not good (although I'm stuck at the in laws for the holiday anyway so no ski for me).