Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    There is data for two elevations, 500 & 1212 meters (1641 & 3977 feet). The freezing level is the freezing level and it is likely late today before snow making could resume even on top.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea.../forecasts/500
    I don't know how that translates to Sugarbush's thermometers, which currently have the temps at 29 at the peak and 37 at Allyn's, but there will be snowmaking today regardless. Just depends on how early they start. Should still be cold enough to finish Jester/Grinder and then work down Downspout.

Burlington NWS site has good info under "Recreation Forecast". One is the forecast for the high summits of NY and VT. Also, under current Current Observations is Mount Mansfield. Note that sometimes this shows N/A - just click on it and you will get the temp history which usually has recent reading.

Last reading was 32 at 2:05. The temps on Sugarbush site at 2:30 were 32 and 29 for Lincoln and Ellen.

Forecast is for lows tonight in mid 20's, which is consistent with the Mountain Forecast from the link on prior emails.

Wet bulb is critically missing. This is a relatively dry airmass so wet bulb should work in snow makers favor. So I would expect a window tonight up top to make snow.

Another mountain weather resource...

http://www.weather.gov/btv/mountain

Click on the little mountain icon just above where is says Warren and you'll see the forecast for ME pop up.
    Sad to say this indicates warmer temps (at elevation) than desired for Sat/Sat night. Hope it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    There is data for two elevations, 500 & 1212 meters (1641 & 3977 feet). The freezing level is the freezing level and it is likely late today before snow making could resume even on top.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea.../forecasts/500
    I like this one but find that the potential snow totals are a bit wacky 4+ days out.

Fairly high humidity right now so wet bulb is close to the ambient. The guns will be coming on soon starting at the top. What we made up high held up pretty well.

Will get HG cam turned on.

Temp is currently 24 at the peak and 31 at Allyn's. Production should be ramping up on Jester and OG. Hopefully they get some good work done.

They are not claiming lower downspout to gondolier and organgrinder will be open by thanksgiving.

They used the word "potentially" on the website. I'm assuming at least Jester/Grinder with lows after this next little warmup around 27. We will know by Tuesday whether they can make it to the base or not.

Jester, not Organgrinder suggests...

they're making it down low. How low?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Win said they can run jester from the top to HG plus 12 guns on OG before they max capacity. I can't see if any guns are going on OG, but if it's zero, I've got to imagine that they are pushing below HG as we speak.

Got 92 on last night but mud down came in late. The top of Jester to Allyn's is in good shape. From there down needs more time. Warming up now so we will be off this afternoon until sometime tomorrow but then it looks good for Heaven's Gate up until Wednesday, so we should be good to go with downloading but I doubt top to bottom unless forecast changes.

Guns were on Downspout to the HG chair when I walked up at 2:30 PM today.

Temps have trended downwards for the next 48 hours. I wouldn't count out a t2b opening just yet...

This weather blows.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    This weather blows.
    +1, and to add insult to injury 50 on Thursday and Friday with the 10 day forecast showing zip on the snow candy front