Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Just shows you how important elevation is. I am surprised you could make it through until 5am Monday.

Should be a window this weekend and maybe some natural too. Unfortunately, what once looked like a brief and minor warm up thereafter is looking more like what we've been used to this month. BUT various long range models and forecasters are seeing a pattern change as we get to the last week of November. I just hope its quick and deep enough to get open for Thanksgiving.

Good to hear from Shady Jay about the new guns - that should mean opening on a smaller window than previous years, which looks to be the case this year.

THINK SNOW!

Looks like a small window Friday night through Sunday morning and then warming up again through next week. An 11/21 opening does not look good but a couple of cold days and nights can change everything,

Looking at the long range temps, it looks like some sustained nighttime temps below freezing at the base will pop up the 21st of November. If that were the case, with the ability to blow a single loop from Jester to HG, we could see some type of opening with downloading for Thanksgiving weekend. I'll keep the hope alive, but with it projected to be almost 50 for a whole week, it seems we are fighting against the curve for Nov. 21.

Beginning to look like winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Beginning to look like winter.
    And so it begins.

Great opportunity to make snow today and a couple other opportunities at night this week before a shot of sustained cold air settles in next Sunday. Hopefully Shady can update us on how production went. I still think a Nov. 21 opening is at less than 50%, but it's got a much better shot than just 3 days ago...

My GUESS for opening is Thanksgiving Day, based on the return of favorable-looking snowmaking temps by next weekend.

Any pics of last nights snow? Anyone, anyone.

opening thread 2015

More sno fell in oct but it's cold and dry today Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wolftracks56; 11-15-2015 at 05:29 AM.

About 5" fell at the Summits. Good snowmaking production. Our forecast sees a possible short window Monday night but that is it until the weekend so it is very unlikely we will get open next weekend. But it does look like it begins to turn colder Saturday so Thanksgiving may be the day.

We did have a water pipe break last night at ME so that will get welded this week and we have an air leak on pipe on Racer's Edge so that will get welded this week as well. Normal early season happenings. At least the warm air makes these repairs easier.

The new guns are working well so if we get a few days in a row of good cold temps we can make some real progress.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Any pics of last nights snow? Anyone, anyone.
    Took this Sunday 8AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wolftracks56 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447582910.971267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you a snow maker? Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    Took this Sunday 8AM.
    Looks like winter. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind a Thanksgiving opening. I wonder how much of waiting goes into uploading/downloading. If the temps look more conducive for a t2b opening, a T-Day opening wouldn't be so bad to wait. If the opening has the same logistics on the 21st as it would on the 26th, then maybe they don't wait.