Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    YES this!!!!! That's not left field my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mrvpilgrim View Post
    Here is an idea from way out in left field
    Certainly one with no historical precedence.
    In order to showcase the new quad what if they moved Steins up in the snow making schedule
    I am questing it is less than half the acreage compared to blowing Snowball to Spring fling ,and its northern exposure might help in preserving an early season base.
    On the downside it would probably appeal to a somewhat limited group of skiers as compared to Snowball
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm happy that they are planning to open the weekend before Thanksgiving (weather permitting of course). If they are open, my goal is to be there opening day like I did last year. After that I won't be back until probably the 2nd or 3rd week of December when I start using up all my remaining vacation days from work for the year.

So for the most part you're right that it doesn't matter what is open that early.
    Great. See you there. You and Howie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I think it will be weekends, holidays and when Bravo is having issues. I would like it to run everyday I am skiing because I get sick of doing that traverse over to Snowball and I enjoy the ride much more so than Bravo. The only thing Reverse Traverse is good for is a stopping point cming out of the woods, it's uphill!!!
    So the guys working up top told me last spring that they were gong to work on Reverse Traverse and take out the hump so it would not be up hill from the new lift. Not sure how they will do that but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Great. See you there. You and Howie.
    I can't wait now although I'm still working out my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So the guys working up top told me last spring that they were gong to work on Reverse Traverse and take out the hump so it would not be up hill from the new lift. Not sure how they will do that but we will see.
    I think that's doable. I wonder what it's going to look like when it's all final graded. They still have that work to do up there. There's a steep drop, err, cliff where the chair lands in to the mall. Hard to tell from the pictures I posted but it's a drop off right now.

That's there to weed out the riff raff...

And for some people to show off there skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka View Post
    That's there to weed out the riff raff...
    could be Sb's answer to Corbetts

I'm thinking a cut through from both Stein's and Snowball. That's a lot of fill to get to there

It will keep the ladies from shopping in the MALL. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I think that's doable. I wonder what it's going to look like when it's all final graded. They still have that work to do up there. There's a steep drop, err, cliff where the chair lands in to the mall. Hard to tell from the pictures I posted but it's a drop off right now.
    In downhill mountain biking, that would be called a "filter feature." It's a tough obstacle at the beginning of trail intended to keep people from going where they don't belong. In this case though, it sounds like the feature is excessive.

Took the dog for a hike up to the upper terminal a couple of weeks ago
    While the drop in looks intimidating it is not that long and I am thinking they will push some snow over the edge to ease the transition.
    Even as it is I am not sure it is a whole lot different from the drop in to Steins next door , upper organ grinder or even lower Domino for that matter. Certainly not as harrowing as dropping into some of the glades such as Egan’s Woods or Lews Line

Can you go around the drop? I would assume the lift will block most of the trail for a short distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Can you go around the drop? I would assume the lift will block most of the trail for a short distance.
    Of course. I assume the drop will be blocked by the lift shack.

I've answered most of this in the Valley House forum. VH will run Friday-Sunday and Holidays. If we see more skiers than we traditionally have midweek, I will consider running in more, but not this year.