Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Valley House Chair construction on Sugarbush webcams

Sugarbush has redirected two of their live webcams this summer. One is showing the Mall and the construction of the new chair. The other is showing the construction of the new Gadd Brook condominiums.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that up until today, the image on the Valley House chair was reversed, so that Steins was to the left of Steins. It's correct now.

I just looked at the webcam and now i am trying to figure out what this is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is the formwork for the base structures at the lift. I am sure it will house the lift control shack. They already poured the footings for the drive a couple of week ago.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Somebody's ready for a bull wheel
    Attached Images Attached Images

The foundation next to the valley house double looks huge for a list shack. Maybe there will be some mountain ops stuff in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Somebody's ready for a bull wheel
    Excellent pics!

Nice pictures. The lift will be a good disperse-r. Slide looks interesting also.

Once you see it in person it seems like they did a great job with the flow and design. There now some pretty big rock and stone piles in front of the lift that weren't there in Howie's pictures.

IMG_8056.jpg
    IMG_8244.jpg
    IMG_8245.jpg
    IMG_8246.jpg
    IMG_8248.jpg

Great pictures. I particularly enjoyed the last one looking down at the new base.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Good pics.

Thanks for pics! Wonder what the new building is going to be used for? That would be quite the lift shack, maybe for lift ops?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Thanks for pics! Wonder what the new building is going to be used for? That would be quite the lift shack, maybe for lift ops?
    Dunno, but when I saw it a few weeks ago there were two tanks on the ground level of that building. I thought maybe they are for diesel fuel for the backup generators, but I really dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Dunno, but when I saw it a few weeks ago there were two tanks on the ground level of that building. I thought maybe they are for diesel fuel for the backup generators, but I really dont know.
    I believe it is some kind of surface water treatment building for the Mountain Water Company. The ACT 250 permit listed a 299 square foot building for that purpose as part of the plan, so I'm assuming this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I believe it is some kind of surface water treatment building for the Mountain Water Company. The ACT 250 permit listed a 299 square foot building for that purpose as part of the plan, so I'm assuming this is it.
    That makes more sense.