Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I recall it being pretty friggin cold last winter, like too cold on a lot of the weekends. Single digits and windy. Preserved snowpack was nice for later in the year but there was no real spring skiing. Now if we could get the heavy cement dump like last December again...that was great!!
    I hear ya, but I never complain about cold. now r$%^&n on the other hand....

I really do not mind the cold that much. Cold means skiing bumps, woods and making more turns to stay warm which is what I like to do anyway. That was all last year for me. But I am definitely not in the camp that last year was a really good year. My favorite years are big snow years with lots of big midweek storms and up slope snows. Last year we did not have that many good sized storms. Ya the snow stuck around but it was kind of boring. This is totally my opinion and the cause of much debate between friends. I will take any warm ups as long as they are followed by snow storms.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Haul rope going up now on the webcam

The cable is now done. Chairs must be coming soon. Looking good.

Spoke to the workers doing the cable they said they would have the chairs done by the end of the week. Told me the electrician has a lot of work to do yet but thought they would make it even though they were cutting it close! Now we need mother nature to help.........

The bull wheel turned on diesel for the first time. Should get a video up on FB today. Load test is scheduled for 11/12.

That's great to hear. Can you make it snow now?

Just checked the webcam this morning and I see a few chairs on the new lift. Looks promising.

Just looked and saw the lift moving, must be working weekends to reach a deadline.

About 75% of the chairs are hung. They did work over the weekend and got a lot done.

Cool. I just checked the webcam, and it looks like all the chairs are on, and it is slowly turning.

That is a nice looking chair!

With foot rests too!!! It appears to have a very short chair spacing. My understanding is it was supposed to be have the capacity of a triple so I was expecting the chair spacing to be similar to summit.

I would presume closer spacing and more capacity, hence the conveyor to safely and quickly load people. Otherwise you wouldn't need it.

Will load testing still happen on the 12th if it's raining?