Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Actually 16 on the former one.

SNOW!!!!! Thats sorta how the lift should look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This morning...

Perhaps a good sign of things to come this winter?

IMG_8491.jpgIMG_8481.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    This morning...

IMG_8491.jpgIMG_8481.jpg
    Nice shots!
    That retaining wall looks good. I'm psyched we just got a snow shower down here in ny.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    This morning...

IMG_8491.jpgIMG_8481.jpg
    Skiers right might make an interesting entrance to the Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Nice shots!
    That retaining wall looks good. I'm psyched we just got a snow shower down here in ny.
    Thanks...wish I was able to get closer but the parking lot was as far as I made it due to a lack of time this morning before having to leave. I didn't even realize how well you could see the retaining wall until I looked at the pics on my computer when I got back home this afternoon.

Top of new lift
    Attached Images Attached Images

All good pics, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately the new towers look much taller than the old ones, it will be interesting to see how the wind affects operations and comfort. The weight of the quad chairs will help with the swing but hopefully still low enough that the wind goes over the chair like it used to. The top was usually the place that caused the wind holds where it funnels down the traverse. Those last three are sticking up pretty good but they probably needed to be that high based on the new finish grade elevation. Still can't wait to use it though!

I like the wider trail leading over to the Valley House side...

Does the rock pile in the center of the photo split the traverse, with Steins and Mall traffic bearing left?

A response to a couple of the questions. The wind exposure for the former lift was at the very top. The new lift unloads lower and a quad chair is heavier than a double, so we believe it will be less susceptible to wind. The other towers down the mall will have the same protection and the former lift. The top trails are not finally graded yet. Skiers coming across the Traverse will bear right if they are going to Snowball and bear left to enter Steins and The Mall. But there will be a barrier that will prevent them from interfering with the unloading of the VH chair. Coming off the chair you can go right to Stein's and Reverse Traverse and left to Snowball but at a lower level. Dopplemayr hung the Comm (Communications) Line on Sunday so that is one more step completed. Now that the bottom lift shack is water light, they will be delivering the drive and completing the electronics there.

Great progress...all leading up to an exciting season, I'm certain. As far as the comment about towers being higher, remember that you'll soon be looking at them with several feet!!! of snow taking away that perceived height

Is it just me, or does it seem like every new lift installation goes right down to the wire as far as timing goes. All summer and spring seems quiet, then a rush to get things done by opening day.

I don't just mean at SB, but everywhere, and I realize the VH might be an exception due to the regarding and prep work at the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Njski View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like every new lift installation goes right down to the wire as far as timing goes. All summer and spring seems quiet, then a rush to get things done by opening day.

I don't just mean at SB, but everywhere, and I realize the VH might be an exception due to the regarding and prep work at the base.
    The lift is supposed to be finished by 11/11. That gives them a week and a half before opening day to correct any mistakes or delays. Normally the valley house does not run the first month of the season and all of the trails off that lift are closed for the first couple of weeks anyway. I would say that is very proactive compared to most college students.

Quote Originally Posted by Njski View Post

I have no idea of what is actually going on, but I have to agree - seems like not much was going on all summer and not you have all kinds of activity,.... lets wait so we can hurry up? I am guessing this may have something to do with Dopplemayr's schedule,... but I dont know shit from shinola. I am looking forward to riding that lift!