Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm not a lift expert but it seems like the new towers heads are really narrow for a quad chair. Just looking at them compared to Bravo and the other quads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I'm not a lift expert but it seems like the new towers heads are really narrow for a quad chair. Just looking at them compared to Bravo and the other quads.
    I'm sure they know what they're doing.

If it is on the webcam it could be out of proportion.

I'm sure they do know what they are doing just keeping the chatter going. I looked at them in person this weekend. The 2nd tower that is up is TALL. No more ducking when you go under the chair on Coffee Run.....

I'm sure they do know what they are doing just keeping the chatter going. I looked at them in person this weekend. The 2nd tower that is up is TALL. No more ducking when you go under the chair on Coffee Run.....
    In order to open coffee run there needs to be sufficient clearance that you will not need to duck so It must have been playing tricks on you to make it look shorter. That tower seems very tall though I hope its just to avoid having a tower in that intersection as opposed to all the way up. Supposedly the chair is going to stay low like north lynx to reduce wind holds. I think that tower is where that little jump used to be so that might be no more.

From the webcam it looks like they are flying towers. See the top bullwheel and towers.

From the webcam it looks like they are flying towers. See the top bullwheel and towers.
    Awesome stuff. Was on a conference call and decided to pull up the webcam just in time to see a top of one of the towers being flown into place and then another tower. Can't believe how quickly they put a tower in. Under 5 minutes to fly it into place and for the chopper to fly away to pick up more parts.

Looked like they were dealing with a decent breeze too with the way the trees on the cam were moving.

10-13-2015 1-34-28 PM.jpg10-13-2015 1-38-57 PM.jpg10-13-2015 1-46-35 PM.jpg10-13-2015 1-47-09 PM.jpg10-13-2015 1-49-21 PM.jpg

Is it just me or does the forth tower from the top look lopsided.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Benski; 10-13-2015 at 02:10 PM.

good job , thanks for the pictures

Question. How many towers are there for the new lift and how many were there for the old one? Looks like there are less now, no?

14 towers and none are lopsided

7 or 8 less towers

took a walk up to the base of new lift - looks to be 10-20' above SB entrance - easy walk or skate.

Should be plenty of room for incoming skiers/riders. Less traffic on crossover/less traffic in tree routes entering from those trails.

GG and CT routes will be the go to early on powder days.

HG open early spreads people out quicker - all good.

70% increase in BP balances out too - less of them around on weekends maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by sbskier View Post
    7 or 8 less towers
    Are you sure about that? If the new lift has 14 towers, then I think it is almost the same number as the old (but perhaps spaced out more since this lift drops lower down the mountain). I really thought the old lift had only 14 or 15 towers.

There were 15 on the old lift. So technically only one fewer tower. I can only see 10 on the webcam.