Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

anyone able to take a picture of the base from the stairs where Granite Man sits? Interested in how the grading from the new VH lift will affect the skiers coming from under SB and from base of Fling.

No matter what it is, gonna be better than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by jwt View Post
    anyone able to take a picture of the base from the stairs where Granite Man sits? Interested in how the grading from the new VH lift will affect the skiers coming from under SB and from base of Fling.

No matter what it is, gonna be better than it was.
    Not exactly what you asked for, but this first pic was taken from the entrance to the patio outside the lodge. The 2nd pic shows a bit of what you're looking for as well from uphill by the VH lodge.
    IMG_8059.jpgIMG_8293.jpg

Nice shots. That's a lot easier access than the hike to the old double! Gonna make a huge difference. Can't wait to try it out!

They are going to wait until the last minute to re-grade the slope. With all the weddings and Summer activities, they really can't tear up that area and make a big mess.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

With the two lines down there, it is safe to say that ripping through the area to get to Gate house is going to be frown upon a lot more.

That is ( getting to GH) always a problem in crowds - tell the kids, get up some speed ( otherwise you end up hauling the littlest ones) but I don't see anyway around that - going around coral slows one down and that is probably designed that way - imagine full on speed like the old days? always thought the GHL was too close to that hill. All skiing isn't down hill but we've become a lazy, I shouldn't-have-to-work-at-all-to-get-to-lift bunch. I don't speak for all, and the new lift takes away 90% of the complaining about walking uphill to lifts. Face it, we'll always find something to complain about.

Yup, some people it's lifts, others is the CRP, mine is snowmaking.

That might get a little better this year with all guns ( at least most) the newer low energy dry snow guns. All about placement, power consumption and water access. In other words: $$.

Lets hope we have another cold and constant weather pattern like last year. Not a ton o snow, but not much in the way of thawing mid-season either.

Of course, for many of us, all of the above mentioned areas of complaints can be avoided with skins and natural snow. BYOB, climb up, pick your own fresh line. Doesn't even require a lift ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jwt View Post
    Of course, for many of us, all of the above mentioned areas of complaints can be avoided with skins and natural snow. BYOB, climb up, pick your own fresh line. Doesn't even require a lift ticket.
    Except doesn't the skinning policy (that everyone asked for) require skiing groomers?

and of course we're all going to follow policy because that is just who we are, why we retreat to the woods, and why we always vote for more regs. and higher fees. Just like the city. Plenty o' lines where the sun don't shine . . . . .

Anyone have a date for when the towers are going to be installed? Doubt I'll be in the area, but I'd love to see them airlifted into place.

A few weeks ago Win said it would be the week of Oct 5, but then the last Stoke Exchange blog said the week of Oct 12th. I should be up the weekend of October 17th, so can take pics from the base area of the progress at that point which should hopefully include towers by then.

A really cool thing to see would be the splicing of the cable. I'm aware of only one video on youtube that shows a chairlift cable being spliced. I hope someone will video the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ManyTurns View Post
    A really cool thing to see would be the splicing of the cable. I'm aware of only one video on youtube that shows a chairlift cable being spliced. I hope someone will video the process.
    Agreed. I want to be there for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    A few weeks ago Win said it would be the week of Oct 5, but then the last Stoke Exchange blog said the week of Oct 12th. I should be up the weekend of October 17th, so can take pics from the base area of the progress at that point which should hopefully include towers by then.
    I guess they are a week behind. They can finish a month late for all I care. last I heard they were supposed to finish it by opening day so that gives them a month before they would normally open the lift.