Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New chute?

New chute?

The board is quite so I will start something new. Heard third hand there was a slide at Sugarbush and there is now a new chute. Any truth to this? Anyone have details or pictures? Will it be skiable? A proposed name is Bear Poop Chute.

There are already trails names Bear and Poop Chute.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

This is neither. I ski Greg's Poop Chute when conditions warrant. Is the Bear you are referring to the same as Bear Claw? What I thought was Bear Claw someone told me was actually Super Chute. These runs need signs near the bottom. Bear Poop is allegedly something new. From the name you can guess the location. I am guessing, if this rumor is true, there was a mud slide. Then again, the whole thing could be a joke.

There was a slide in the wedding trail area

I have not heard of any new slides this year but that is not saying there was not. I will check it out in two weeks when I head up for the music festival at Lareau Farm.

Oh yeah. Happened a couple weeks ago.

Yes Bear Claw. That is the correct name given by those who have maintained it. Never heard of super chute. Signs are not necessary. Still have not heard anything on a slide. I spoke to my friends that downhill there every weekend. They are pretty connected.

Happened about 4 weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    Happened about 4 weeks ago.
    I might have to take a little hike and check this out.

Progress
    Attached Images Attached Images

Several years ago while skiing what i thought was the lower section of Bear Claw I came upon a group. During a brief conversation they said what we were skiing was actually Super Chute and they knew the person that cut the trail. It does not really matter what any of these runs are called as long as you can find them. I expect most everyone on this board skis this area regularly. Without access to the official guide to off piste skiing at Sugarbush, I sometimes give runs my own names. Hopefully I will have a source this winter who will be able to tell me the official names of these types of runs and perhaps show me a few new ones.

The question now is this slide going to have any adverse affect on access to this area during the coming ski season

Ya I have my own names also. Sometimes I use my own names to get a charge out of the long time locals.
    Some of the guys I ski with have been at Sugarbush for 40-50 years. They call it Bear Claw so I just go with that. So I got confirmation on the slide last night. The big rains they have been having have done some damage. Not sure of the impact but I would bet that there is a mess in Paradise woods that will have to be navigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ya I have my own names also. Sometimes I use my own names to get a charge out of the long time locals.
    Some of the guys I ski with have been at Sugarbush for 40-50 years. They call it Bear Claw so I just go with that. So I got confirmation on the slide last night. The big rains they have been having have done some damage. Not sure of the impact but I would bet that there is a mess in Paradise woods that will have to be navigated.
    Looks to me from down at the base that it's on the headwall leading into that little meadow area.

Quote Originally Posted by shipyardcreek View Post
    Several years ago while skiing what i thought was the lower section of Bear Claw I came upon a group. During a brief conversation they said what we were skiing was actually Super Chute and they knew the person that cut the trail. It does not really matter what any of these runs are called as long as you can find them. I expect most everyone on this board skis this area regularly. Without access to the official guide to off piste skiing at Sugarbush, I sometimes give runs my own names. Hopefully I will have a source this winter who will be able to tell me the official names of these types of runs and perhaps show me a few new ones.

The question now is this slide going to have any adverse affect on access to this area during the coming ski season
    I know 'nothing.