Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New chute?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yes the admission was a donation in years past. The problem was that everybody showed up and no one donated and they didn't cover the costs. The result was that it was unsustainable. I have no problem paying $20 to see 8 hours of music. I also parked for free because I am not adverse to walking a little bit. If there were not so many freeloaders the event would have stayed a donation. People always take advantage for a good thing and ruin it for everybody else.
    I don't think that most people go for 8 hours. I think it's more of a drop in for an hour and have a few ($7) beers type of event. I was also up this weekend and did not go. $5 admission would be reasonable, $20 is too much. I spoke with several people that stayed away at $20 and the few people that I do know that went did say that there were significantly fewer people than in past years.

Yes significantly less. I would say about 1/2 less. But again. $20 was well worth it. I have gone to similar events in MA, NY and NH and spent $35-$45. The music was great, the beer was great, good food options and lots of my friends went. Where can you go and get that for $5? If all those cheap a$$ people didn't F it up last year and coughed up some cash we wouldn't even be talking now.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yes significantly less. I would say about 1/2 less. But again. $20 was well worth it. I have gone to similar events in MA, NY and NH and spent $35-$45. The music was great, the beer was great, good food options and lots of my friends went. Where can you go and get that for $5? If all those cheap a$$ people didn't F it up last year and coughed up some cash we wouldn't even be talking now.
    I was up in the valley this weekend, but didn't go. I didn't go any other years either, but no matter what $20 sounds completely reasonable to me. I made my plans to go up there before I even knew this event was going on the same weekend I was going to be up there.

Chute looks much larger than I was expecting. Will it be difficult to get into/out of? Are the trees tight there?

Tough to say until someone actually hikes up there and looks at it. I am sure we will see pics soon. The trees are somewhat tight at the top of that area but not so much at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Chute looks much larger than I was expecting. Will it be difficult to get into/out of? Are the trees tight there?

This afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And the trees are starting to change up top...

Any insight as to whether the new chute is clear of debris, especially toward the bottom?

Reports are that it is a mess. I have not seen it first hand.