Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mrvpilgrim View Post
    There is actually a fairly sizable basement area below the mushroom (double metal doors at ground level)
    In past years it has been shared by the Ambassador program, Parts storage for lift maintenance and general junk storage
    I believe that Ski patrol will occupy all of that space this year with lift Maint moving to the new building and the ambassadors moving to the old seasonal locker room now that the lockers have been moved to Claybrook
    Not sure how the main level of the mushroom will be utilized but mountain ops will be up there somewhere
    I'm fairly certain that they will be based in the offices that are underutilized in the lodge by the stairway leading to the bar before entering the mushroom. There's a large amount of cubicles and only a few were in use before now iirc...

Says MTOPS painted on the door.

Mountain Operations will be located in the Mushroom this winter. Patrol is in the ground level area of the Mushroom and the Ambassador locker room is where the former seasonal locker rooms are, and a new season locker room with 90 locker has been built next to the General Store. My office is in the Gatehouse this winter.

For the Mushrooom to operate again as a restaurant it certainly needs work, but the bones are good. However,t he biggest issue is permitting. It will require us to add additional water into the system. Permitting has a formula based on the type of use and the capacity. We would have to drill another well and add that into the system. That is certainly possible and one day we will do it, but it is not the highest priority right now.