Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushroom

Mushroom

Can the Mushroom please become a happening place this winter? With the new VHQ lift going in it is going to even more prominent now and needs to be used

Should have nice views of the new lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Can the Mushroom please become a happening place this winter? With the new VHQ lift going in it is going to even more prominent now and needs to be used

+1 !!

Completely agree. That could be the best spot on the mtn with a few bucks for renovation.

This has been something I have been saying for years. From my inquiries with many different people I have heard a few different issues they are faced with. The building needs a new roof, windows and finishes. They also need to reinstall most of the plumbing for the bar system. They would also need to acquire another liquor license. Definitely not a cheap overall proposition but hell, what is money for anyway.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

They should consider building out a round base on the Mushroom, and make it look similar to Timbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    They should consider building out a round base on the Mushroom, and make it look similar to Timbers.
    I think that would get in the way of the corals.

They could make it work

I don't think they should make it look like Timbers. The old lodge is 60's architecture, on the historic register and can not be changed. Keeping the Mushroom mod to match is the way to go. Don't mix up architecture styles. Embrace the buildings and bring them back to the way cool times of the 60's that made Sugarbush the rocking place that it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka View Post
    I don't think they should make it look like Timbers. The old lodge is 60's architecture, on the historic register and can not be changed. Keeping the Mushroom mod to match is the way to go. Don't mix up architecture styles. Embrace the buildings and bring them back to the way cool times of the 60's that made Sugarbush the rocking place that it was.
    I really wouldn't want to see it made to look like Timbers either.

My guess is next year the Valley House will get some capital improvement money love. The building will look much different and more prominent without the old gondola/rental shop/mountain ops offices there and kind of force their hand. Hopefully it can be a budget item. Can you bring drinks from the Wunderbar down to the mushroom? For this year the mushroom should be a rocking late afternoon/evening disco with a sick light show. It would be the UFO instead of the mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    My guess is next year the Valley House will get some capital improvement money love. The building will look much different and more prominent without the old gondola/rental shop/mountain ops offices there and kind of force their hand. Hopefully it can be a budget item. Can you bring drinks from the Wunderbar down to the mushroom? For this year the mushroom should be a rocking late afternoon/evening disco with a sick light show. It would be the UFO instead of the mushroom.
    I actually heard from somewhere that they are planning on using the mushroom this season for ski patrol to replace the space lost due the lift install.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I actually heard from somewhere that they are planning on using the mushroom this season for ski patrol to replace the space lost due the lift install.

I believe that's been the plan all along (Mt. Ops relocated there, as well)...sorry to squelch the dreaming. However, the fun outside is more important than the fun inside!

It's like a control tower. They can now have a great view of Bravo not running on Saturday morning. Put the offices in CR Pub and move the Pub to the mushroom...

I down hilled yesterday and had a chance to take a good look at the Mushroom and the new lift operation top and bottom.
    The Mushroom is it really bad shape. Worse than I remembered. It needs a ton of work. I just love the look of it and agree that it will have one of the best views at the base. They should totally renovate.

All of the demolition of the old buildings is complete. It looks like they are currently forming and pouring the new concrete base for the new bull wheel. Forms and rebar are in place. Looks like they are going to need do a ton of grading to make the base work but that is how it looks right now. I am not really sure how it will all work in the end.

At the top they have blasted out a ton of rock and you can now see where the new trail will go and where the new top terminal would go. Things are moving along.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Thanks for the update, Hawk. Appreciate it. Hope you are having a good summer.