Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this forum dead?

Is this forum dead, or is there something wrong with my browser? I haven't seen any new messages since last Saturday.

I'm hoping to see some commentary on and pictures of the Valley House chair replacement. It would be fun if people who live up there would tell and show us what's going on.

Moreover, it was a great season. Perhaps that's why I'm seeing no traffic on this forum... no one has any complaints. Some how I doubt that. I'd like to hear other people's summary remarks on this season.

I've already hung it up, and am moving on to mountain biking and other activities. But, I'd like to hear how the remainder of the season pans out.

It's that time of the year. Will do season recap soon.

Snow was good today, Mad Taco as well. Looking forward to next weekend with temps in the high 50's and sun!

The chair is down. The towers, chairs and the cable are at the bottom and they have cut the trees and blasted at the top. The top and bottom terminals as well as the operations buildings are still standing. I am hearing through the Valley reporter and other people that there are some issues with the permits as it pertains to the bottom Terminal and the wetlands. I would assume that they are resolvable as they have already done the demolition of the lift and proceeded.

Anybody on here get a chair?????

No not dead just busy.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The chair is down. The towers, chairs and the cable are at the bottom and they have cut the trees and blasted at the top. The top and bottom terminals as well as the operations buildings are still standing. I am hearing through the Valley reporter and other people that there are some issues with the permits as it pertains to the bottom Terminal and the wetlands. I would assume that they are resolvable as they have already done the demolition of the lift and proceeded.

Anybody on here get a chair?????

No not dead just busy.
    No chair for us but only because we got one from butternut a few years ago. Luv it. Set it up in front of our house.

We got one, but we were away this past weekend, so we're picking it up Friday morning. Going to set it up at our SB Village family ski house, we are all very happy we got one. Great snow year, my son got 113 days on the hill. I only had three, as I was behind a plow for many hours!!!!

I was able to get one
    Any one have any Pictures, Plans, or Ideas on a structure to set one of these up as swing?

Here's a crude one. This chair is from the Glen Ellen Mountain Lift. We are going hang ours from a 6x6 and the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

skinned up mt ellen this past saturday morning. the snow pack above the summit chair was better than i expected. here are a few shots i took from elbow and exterminator.

mtellen1.jpg

mtellen2.jpg

mtellen3.jpg

cheers.

Looks like a midwinter up there. Its a shame the season is over for me.

One more weekend at the Bush and then it's time for Mt. Washington and the big K!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Surprised there are no pictures and/or news, here, 'bush web or facebook, on the progress of Valley House? Its a big deal and yet now PR?

Wish I could be there this weekend. Ski, golf and sun? Dam!

Couldn't ask for a better closing weekend and on top of the beautiful weather, steins was open for turns. Pano from the blast zone.

Steins-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Couldn't ask for a better closing weekend and on top of the beautiful weather, steins was open for turns. Pano from the blast zone.

Steins-1.jpg
    looks good!