New Operating Hours

NEW 8 AM MIDWEEK OPENING AT MT. ELLEN (Green Mountain Express only)
    Saw this on the website when looking at how much passes cost. I find this an odd decision but Ill take it. On top of management's bias towards LP operations I think LP is better for a long day of skiing.

Perhaps an April fools joke or are we talking about back when Mt Ellen was still open?
    Last edited by pcampbell; 04-13-2015 at 06:41 PM.

I'm a bit curious about the reasoning behind this decision too for next year. I'm not usually there midweek so it doesn't really impact me, although it is always nice to see them giving more value for passholders no matter what. I like the new decision to include free summer lift benefits as well with adult All Mtn 7 passes.

We have had a number of local passholders request an earlier lift opening so that they can get in a few runs before work. Since we GMVS trains early as well, it made the most sense to open GMX for everyone midweek at 8am next year.

Stowe does similarly with a 7:30 opening, I believe. If you think about it, they have to run the GMX that early anyway to get the workers up to the glen house and the other lifts so it doesnt really cost that much to let people on it.

That is pretty cool. School drop off in Fayston is early... You'd be right on time for 1st chair.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Stowe does similarly with a 7:30 opening, I believe. If you think about it, they have to run the GMX that early anyway to get the workers up to the glen house and the other lifts so it doesnt really cost that much to let people on it.
    I believe Stowe opens their Fourrunner (main) Quad at 7:30 on weekends only. The over-easy gondola also opens early (and closes late) but that doesn't access any uphill terrain.

Definitely seems like a good idea to open GMX to the public early. While most days it is cleared early for GMVS "coaches and athletes", the only thing extra I can see it requiring is having the ticket checkers in early, and patrol as well to do their safety checks on the trails.