Marketing department needs a drone

I think the marketing department needs to add a drone with a camera to it's arsenal. Think about it, live video updates of the install of the VH lift.
    A bird's eye perspective of the construction of Gadd Brook.
    A new perspective on snow reporting.
    Video feed of the Castlerock Challenge.
    Pond Skimming. Dummy Big Air.
    Win's approach shot on the 16th hole.
    Huge opportunity.

Oh good, target practice.

LOL, it took them years just to get a few web cams. Alright. Your nominated Willie to spearhead the push. We are behind you!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    I thought they already have one. I've seen a drone with a camera flying around at the fireworks this past winter. Figured that was the mountains. Or at least Atkinson driving from his home in Moretown taking pictures while changing a diaper.

They could just adjust the angle of the Gate house Lodge web camera up a bit to view better the Mall. I'd check in on progress.
    Less concerned about the ground prep for Gadd Brook and certain Win doesn't need a noisy spectators watching his tee shot.

The lp webcam has an excellent zoom. the valley house would be clearly visible if they zoomed in all the way. btw it is snowing and I don't think bravo and castlerock softened up today but i left after 1pm

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    I thought they already have one. I've seen a drone with a camera flying around at the fireworks this past winter. Figured that was the mountains. Or at least Atkinson driving from his home in Moretown taking pictures while changing a diaper.

They could just adjust the angle of the Gate house Lodge web camera up a bit to view better the Mall. I'd check in on progress.
    Less concerned about the ground prep for Gadd Brook and certain Win doesn't need a noisy spectators watching his tee shot.
    +1. I definitely recall seeing drone video from events last summer.

They only use the drone in the summer when the secret runway at the top of Caatlerock has no snow on it. ��
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

You Ol' cynic, Hawk. Alan, our videographer, has one and we have been watching you. They are still FAA issues relating to the commercial use of Drones.

The marketing department need some better background music for the video snow report. The music should get you pumped up not sooth you with jazz.

If we are down to this complaint, it must have been a good season.

Mad River Glen uses them for some of their daily video clips. I could see the shadow behind one of the skiers.

Sorry. I was just speaking from my experiences. I have not seen one. Stowe uses one as does several other areas. Fire the thing up and lets see the video!

Did the marketing department using a drone for this video?

https://www.facebook.com/Sugarbush.V...3733647288384/

I don't see how it could be shot otherwise. They are pretty cool little machines. I heard the FAA is going to start requiring licenses for them...

Actually I have a new perspective on these. My Neighbor bought one for his kid this summer. It was like having a huge mosquito buzzing around all day long. Totally annoying. Also the kid thought is was cool to run the thing close to the neighbors house and look into the windows. The neighbor had 3 daughters. Needless to say there was a visit and an exchange of opinions. I for one would have no problem if the FAA and the local governments put restrictions on use. Like non professional use restrictions in urban or semi urban areas.