Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mall

great minds think alike...

Count me In. I want one.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Count me In. I want one.
    We got an old chair from Butternut some years ago and set it up in front of our house. great thing.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Count me In. I want one.
    Yup, I'd buy one and make it a feature seat in my condo. No better decor than a chair lift to relax in and wish for the next Nor'easter to blow in!

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    Yup, I'd buy one and make it a feature seat in my condo. No better decor than a chair lift to relax in and wish for the next Nor'easter to blow in!
    I have to say the valley house might have the worst chairs to sit in. I hope the valley house quad has chairs that are like the ones at north vs super bravo.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I have to say the valley house might have the worst chairs to sit in. I hope the valley house quad has chairs that are like the ones at north vs super bravo.
    Seats get more comfortable with a quilt or pillow. I might fasten a drink holder to both uprights, and if space allows, make it so it gently swings. Just like during a nor'easter but without the cold wind and with an adult beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I hope the valley house quad has chairs that are like the ones at north vs super bravo.
    Agree, the ones at north are much more comfortable than Bravo. Reason being - the quads at north are all Poma-built lifts. They have the thick padding on them. Doppelmayr built Super Bravo and Gate House, and for some reason, they go with the foam padding. Not as comfortable. I'm sure a ski area could request to their manufacturer as to what kind of seat padding they would like, but if Doppelmayr gets the contract (which IIRC they are leaning that way), I'd guess we'll see something similar to Bravo/Gate House. I could be wrong, though.

The Village chair is also comfortable to sit in, since its chairs were put in by Poma at some point during the 1980s(?) It'd be nice to see those chairs go over to replace Sunny D's chairs when Village eventually gets replaced.

And here's one for y'all to see in the AM....

Groomers plan to smooth 51 trails tonight, including the rarely groomed Mall.
    (on this afternoon's snow report on sugarbush.com)

Since Twist and Moonshine are not on the report, I guess they're doing the whole thing. When was the last time The Mall was groomed, top2bottom? The lower half gets groomed a couple times a year (as part of the Twist grooming), but I've never seen any mention of the whole thing getting done.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    When was the last time The Mall was groomed, top2bottom? The lower half gets groomed a couple times a year (as part of the Twist grooming), but I've never seen any mention of the whole thing getting done.
    I was wondering the same thing when I saw this on the report. I don't remember it being groomed any time within at least the last 2-3 years.

I don't remember the mall ever being groomed.

I have never seen them groom it. You all know my opinion about groom natural snow trails. Not good. The bumps are really nice, well spaced and just need the spring warmth to make them alive again. Grooming it just dumbs it down for the intermediates and ruins the bump lines. Arg!!!!!

There getting it ready to start working on it probably pushing all the snow off the trail

Doah!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbskier View Post
    there getting it ready to start working on it probably pushing all the snow off the trail

Yes, a flat Mall is necessary to help with the take down of the rope and towers. With warmer temperatures coming in, this looked like the right night to do it.
    It was groomed once about nine tears ago. That is the only time I remember it being groomed.

Chairs have been going fast and almost spoken for. Email me at wsmith@sugarbush.com. Will keep a waiting list when all
    Chairs are sold.

OK I can understand that. If it helps us get the new lift going then by all mean. Thanks for the clarification Win.