Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mall

Out of curiosity what is the reason for starting work before the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the reason for starting work before the end of the season?
    It's not as simple as an in-kind lift replacement. The project involves blasting, trail re configurations, and relocating existing mountain operations facilities. Best to get a jump on it ASAP.

When will the valley house close for good. It usually does not run at the same time as bravo after a certain point in the season.

Win has stated that Starting Monday 4/6 the lift will be closed as well as all the terrain south of Murphys. So if you want to ski steins, Mall, Lexis, Etc. you had better get it by next weekend. After that it will be Bravo and Heavens Gate for the spring combo. By the looks of the runout at Castlerock, that will not be that long for this world either. Better get out and get it!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

For those who missed it this week, the Mall is getting yet another t2b roll tonight by the groomers, according to the snow report.

[So is Cliffs at ME... first roll of the season for that trail I believe]

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    For those who missed it this week, the Mall is getting yet another t2b roll tonight by the groomers, according to the snow report.

[So is Cliffs at ME... first roll of the season for that trail I believe]
    I did nott get to Cliffs, but I picked up a couple of great runs at the Mall. 😬
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Cliffs got "gruined".

Sure would have been nice to have made a second pass to even it out and fill in the holes. On the other hand Rim Run and Elbow were great.

Same on the mall. The mall was also a sheet of ice. Thank god my edges were sharpened the night before.

Sharp edges helped all over the mountain this past weekend.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Sharp edges helped all over the mountain this past weekend.
    I heard LP was scraped on saturday. We skied mt ellen. no edges needed. plenty of powder. black diamond and upper FIS were in as good a condition as I've ever experienced. exterminator and bravo also in great shape. Didnt ski below the NRX except to end day

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VnQHur4ug1Q?list=UU6YNsO3ZIfhsWvyCO46wfTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/VnQHur4ug1Q?list=UU...fhsWvyCO46wfTw

Lincoln Peak was good up top and even better where lightly tracked. Did some exploring Howie. You would have liked it.

Mall was exactly as expected. What have I been saying about grooming the natural snow trails. Whatever. We only get to ski it for another week in it's original condition and before they modify it and they killed it. Oh well. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Lincoln Peak was good up top and even better where lightly tracked. Did some exploring Howie. You would have liked it.

Mall was exactly as expected. What have I been saying about grooming the natural snow trails. Whatever. We only get to ski it for another week in it's original condition and before they modify it and they killed it. Oh well. It is what it is.
    how did Terry like those Blizzards ? 104mm underfoot? I think my daughter demo'd the same ones yesterday.

Loved them. So much that she bought a pair. Yes they are 104 under foot. Basically the same as my Peacemakers. Great ski.

Man,... the skiing on LP sucked compared to what you were skiing on ME. Wish I had made the trip over there. Is next weekend the last weekend at ME?