Thread: Re: snow report

Re: snow report

Have you guys noticed that the snow report numbers are totally F-ed up?
    I mean, we've all commented on some conservative reporting in the past, but this season it has gotten ridiculous. Sarturday morning they report 4" at the summit. Obviously wrong and really wrong. Not even close. Like whoever is reporting it didnt even go up top to check or ask anyone who was actually up there. so they correct it to 10" in the afternoon. fine. but now, the 48 hour number doesnt include the 2" they reported saturday and the 72 hour number goes summit-mid-base while the 24 and 48 hour numbers is the opposite.

doesnt effect me because I do my own reporting, but not the way you want to market yourself.

So they report at 6:30 what they see on the way into the building and then at about 10 they update the report. On Saturday afternoon I checked and it showed 10".
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Ok, so now the updated snow report says they got 6" since last night but the 24 hour graphic shows 4".

All I know is that today was, without doubt, my best day of the season. However much snow there was, it was soft and softer. No crowds allowed my MRG friend and I to do laps at Castlerock most of the morning and there was more than 6" old, new, or medium flakes throughout..😇
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

That my friend sounds like a trip report of sorts. Wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    All I know is that today was, without doubt, my best day of the season. However much snow there was, it was soft and softer. No crowds allowed my MRG friend and I to do laps at Castlerock most of the morning and there was more than 6" old, new, or medium flakes throughout..��

Wow with all the great skiing no one has any good reports or thoughts at all? What a bunch of wankers. I am headed up for Friday ski club! I guess I will have to post something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Wow with all the great skiing no one has any good reports or thoughts at all? What a bunch of wankers. I am headed up for Friday ski club! I guess I will have to post something.
    me too. looking like some fresh snow and chilly temps. mmmmmmmm

We might have to go to that town of significance to both our religions.

That would be ironic with my son being in the more well known one right now.

I will be up Friday afternoon to ski through Monday. I am on a roll and I do not want to get off the ski bus. Cold is cold, but we all have to be bold & take advantage of all conditions.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

I hear when you go down there - the forest parts, 30' of powder and a straight shot to the holy land! Just watch out for the burning bush

I've been stuck in the holy land and in poland this since the last wednesday in january. I am so jealous especially since i would have been up for the super bowl monday storm.

Getting to this late but let me clarify how we report snow total. We have three stakes at LP to measure snowfall. One is outside of our dispatch office in the base area, mid is behind Allyns' Lodge and the upper is in the Spillsville cutover from Upper Jester. They are placed to try to be protected from wind and drifting. A patroller arrives early -usually by 6:30am - and calls the totals in to the snowreporter. At 1pm when we have snow plan we update any snow received from 6:30am to 1pm. Last weekend the patroller called in 4-4-4 but when I skied Ripcord at 8am I measured 10" in several spots so we updated the total. Sometimes there can be significant differences between LP, ME and MRG but we have decided to report consistently with the three stakes we have at LP.