Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Deflategate Super Bowl Thread: NE Patriots v Seattle Seahawks

Once again my Patriots have their reputation being tarnished. Bill Belicheck at his Thursday morning press conference gave an 11 minute statement stating that he has never discussed inflation of footballs with any player or person associated with the team. Bill also said that Tom handles the footballs, why don't you ask him. Brady has a press conference at 4 pm today. Hopefully between what Brady says today and what the NFL may say tomorrow ( the NFL has to close this chapter now with SB week hype about to begin), Deflategate can be put to a close and we can get on with the game talk. I already feel bad for some poor ball guy who is likely going to lose his job.

Post all of your talk and thoughts about the Super Bowl here.
    Last edited by gostan; 01-22-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Sour grapes at it's best. HA! Pats haters are going to loose their minds. This is how all this is going to go down.
    Kraft and Goodell are Buds and Kraft is one of the most respected NFL owners and King pins. They will squash this. The investigation will find that there is no clear evidence to point the finger at any person. Since the rules were not followed they will fine Bellichick some trivial amount and the show will go on. This will lead to wide spread pissing and moaning from the haters.

The press is also taking it to the next level with all kinds of crazy calls to fire Belichick and throw out the Pats form the super bowl. I don't think so. The ratings for this game are already trending to be huge and all the tickets, brochures, arraignments, advertisements, etc. are all well in play. The league would loose millions if they did. No F-ing way. Not going to happen.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Completely agree that national press is taking this way too far. But This is not just about Pats haters. A lot of fans are upset that this could happen at all; especially since it had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game with the Colts who got outplayed in every single aspect of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stan

Look at the pic from Belickick’s press conference,… Gillete is promoting their new Razor – ironically called “Flexball” You would have thought someone would have said we should change the backdrop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is what they should do going forward. They give the ball to the teams before the game and then the teams can inflate or deflate the balls (within reason) to any pressure they want. That way it is an equal playing field and we will see a better product on bad weather days.

Supersonics????????? Someone is mixing up balls with different shapes.

I'm a Giants and Raiders fan. As a Giant fan, I have no animus towards the Pats since we've bested them in the last 2 superbowls. As a Raider fan however, I will never forget the tuck bullshit and wish the pats get what's coming to them. That being said, I think the nfl comes down hard on this. like fines draft picks and maybe a suspension for belicheck next season. couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Supersonics????????? Someone is mixing up balls with different shapes.
    Thanks for pointing out my gaff. I will reach out to Nick to change the title. Probably a carryover from my brain radiation, or just have been listening to too much discussion of inflation of balls.
    Stan

go patriots
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    go patriots
    With all this ball inflation bs the Pats are either going to be super motivated and kick Seattle in the butt, or get theirs kicked. With 10 days to go, I do not see this as a close game.

Thanks Nick.
    Stan

Kraft Comes Out Swinging

Obviously the Team Is more important than the League. About time Mr. Kraft.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...tegate-culprit
    Stan

I will go on record with two predictions:

1. Patriots 27 -Seattle 17

2. Roger Goodel will lose his job.
    Stan

Congratulations to the NE Patriots on Their 4th Super Bowl and another foot of white confetti to go on top of the last 36 inch storm. My driveway here in the lowlands is simply overwhelmed.
    Stan

Seattle Fans now can understand what it was like for us Boston Fans prior to 2001. I can remember from some of my earliest memories my Father saying, "Maybe next year" . God givith, God takith away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Seattle Fans now can understand what it was like for us Boston Fans prior to 2001. I can remember from some of my earliest memories my Father saying, "Maybe next year" . God givith, God takith away.
    but in this case, it was their coach who gaveth away. thats gonna sting for a long time