Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would say 3 or 4 kegerators on a Mobil cart/Bar. Something that you can wheel around and set up where you like. in the corner to the right when you enter or even in the hallway just outside the bar. Or how about getting rid of a couple of those built in table/bench locations in the back and put it there. That would spread out the crowd Cash only. 4 types of beer. plastic cups.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

A tent over the CRP patio with the mini-bar is a great idea. They had a little mobile 6' bar upstairs in the main lodge with beer and wine a couple of years ago, maybe it can be unearthed. Or utilize the old Wunderbar in the lower level of the Valley House. Or the Mushroom. Or the patio near the firepit. There are endless options.

The more difficult question may be whether it is worth it to spend the $$ to expand for 4 hours per Saturday for (maybe) 12 busy Saturdays per year. And how do you staff a job that is only 48 hrs per year?

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    A tent over the CRP patio with the mini-bar is a great idea. They had a little mobile 6' bar upstairs in the main lodge with beer and wine a couple of years ago, maybe it can be unearthed. Or utilize the old Wunderbar in the lower level of the Valley House. Or the Mushroom. Or the patio near the firepit. There are endless options.

The more difficult question may be whether it is worth it to spend the $$ to expand for 4 hours per Saturday for (maybe) 12 busy Saturdays per year. And how do you staff a job that is only 48 hrs per year?
    I like the tent idea, but it might not feasible with the snow/ice coming off the roof.

Hire one more waitress for a Saturday shift to mind the beer cart. The amount of beer they would sell would off set her minimum wage rate. They work off of tips anyway. No comment on the Valley house options as this was a discussion on how to utilize the CRP better.
    Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post

Who was the 2 man act at Castlerock on Saturday afternoon? Just a drummer and a Keyboard guy with all sorts of ancient keyboard equipment. He played base with his left hand and solo'd with his right. I thought they rocked.

Ray Paczkowski and Russ Lawton (Soule Monde) and they also play in Trey's (Phish) solo band.

Surprised as I always thought it was one of the worse Apre ski bars in the country. I have no complaints regarding the staff it is just poorly designed and dark. I would have thought a best apre ski bar would have views of the mountain you just skied. I haven't been to CRP in years as I go to Wunderbar which I would rank highly has a great Apre ski bar but its really tough to compete with the bars out west!! Although free food if I knew about it would have gotten me to CRP!

That was one of the best two man acts I have seen. I really enjoyed the music. Wunderbar is overrated and all my friends are at the CRP. Besides I thought you have to be a Bush Pilot to get a drink up there.