january nineteenth storm

Powder-day tomorrow. I'm pumped to ski tomorrow. I hope to see some stoke tomorrow night and lets take a brake from all the negativity. I'm also curious about whether or not to go to heavens gate first thing or or stay on bravo meanwhile most people head up top. I think it will depend on how many people get in front of me at bravo and how much more snow falls up-top.

Dumping big heavy snow.....pushed off about 5" @ ME by 11pm. Should be epic. Stay on Bravo...go lift left!!! Cheers!!!

Today super bravo had a small delay. This resulted in in the early ups being treated like ski school except they had been there longer than the people who in the regular lines. Other than that and being delayed because of the bravo maintenance issue. Also downspout had no powder on it first thing in the morning due to grooming. Other than that is was an epic powder day. It was nice to see Win helping out at bravo and Adam help clean the heavens gate.

They predicted it was going to stop snowing around 1pm and it seemed like most people left around then... instead it seemed to start snowing harder and was still going strong when I left at 4. Tremendous day out there particularly upper mountain.

It was a good day. Yes, the icing did create a delay on Bravo. It opened around 8:10am and HG a bit later but we had all LP lifts with the exception of SB open by 9am. Storms like this can create a lot of ice build up that needs to be chipped off and also chair slipping when a grip opens in a terminal and then grips the haul rope again. Over at ME we were more delayed. More icing but also made worse with two our of lift mechanics sick with the flu. Inverness opened just before 9am but GMX took until 10:24, We did meet this morning to see how we can do better in the future.

Skiing was awesome these past few days. I skied til 4 on Monday - it started dumping in the afternoon - really heavy snowfall. I made the call to delay our drive home and then after a few brown waters - decided to keep the kids out of school today. Skiing today was some of the best I have done in a long while. Skied rumble 3x,.... and all kinds of woods skiing. Great to see the mountain with all the coverage. Plenty of snow in the woods now - i was really getting sick of skiing trails for the past couple of months. Got to love mid week (non holiday) skiing - no lines to be had on any of the lifts. Back to work for 3 day and then back to my other job Friday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Skiing was awesome these past few days. I skied til 4 on Monday - it started dumping in the afternoon - really heavy snowfall. I made the call to delay our drive home and then after a few brown waters - decided to keep the kids out of school today. Skiing today was some of the best I have done in a long while. Skied rumble 3x,.... and all kinds of woods skiing. Great to see the mountain with all the coverage. Plenty of snow in the woods now - i was really getting sick of skiing trails for the past couple of months. Got to love mid week (non holiday) skiing - no lines to be had on any of the lifts. Back to work for 3 day and then back to my other job Friday afternoon
    Good for you. Sure beat the heck out of being back at the office.