Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Jeez can you catch a break?

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Here's what happened. An electrical fault tripped the E-Brake and we could not get a reset so had to use
    The auxiliary diesel to clear the lift. It was in the new drive and not apparent what caused it. Calling Dopplemayr
    they thought it might have overheated given the torque of a full lift and wind. It reset when empty and we
    reloaded, ran two revolutions with some stops. No problem so we opened it. Same thing happened. With
    overheating ruled out Dopplemayr suggested that the electrical pattern maximum might be set to low. We checked
    What they had set it out and they told up to increase it as that would still be well within the designed safety tolerance. We did
    and reopened. Our Head of Lift Msintenance sat with the lift for a few hours Sunday so that seems to
    have been the problem. Hopefully we don't need the chicken blood.
    It's like owning the older but you-know-it-well car, having it completely restored, then having it break down on the freeway at the start of a cross-country trip! Gotta be happening to other areas, they just don't have active forums to display the pain like the Bushies do. And sure, they don't have the limited # of lifts up a long vertical so it is painful for the paying customer.

Not like they aren't trying. Of course my business consultant would say ' effort that doesn't have positive results are nothing more than fleeting effort.' Can't take that to the bank, still I empathize with the company trying to run the place.

Excuses Excuses 10 weeks into a 15 week season and problems still exist are they just not going to fix the lift and we have the problem again next year ?

This past weekend some friends I have not skied with in 8-9 years were at Mount Snow, so I joined them. Having Sugarbush as my home mountain, I've grown accustomed to its issues, but Mount Snow certainly opened my eyes. The lifts at Mount Snow are terrible! There is an overabundance of fixed grip triple chairs which stop constantly-- multiple times on every ride. One ride we spent close to 30 minutes hanging & not moving. It literally took us 2.5 hours to get from one side of the mountain to the other. Even their detachable 6-pack bubble chair was stopping, and when that stops, its not fun to be on it bouncing around.

I don't know if its an aging infrastructure, or just the abundance of beginner/intermediate skiers at Mount Snow who don't pay attention, but the overall experience definitely made me thankful for all the hard work Sugarbush does to give its customers a quality experience.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    SUGARBUSH'S DAILY SNOW REPORT

Slide Brook closed for the day. North Lynx is closed for the day due to wind. NR is temporarily closed for maint.
    Today's Snow Report

Saturday, February 21st, 2015
    1:45 PM
    Slidebrook was closed due to wind as well. And I can personally say that closing it was the right call. I offloaded from SB on the LP side a couple minutes after they decided to stop letting people on SB. That ride from ME to LP was pretty crazy with the wind. The chairs were definitely rocking quite a bit at several points along the line (particularly within the last 10-15 towers on the LP side).

North ridge down again today

Skiing is good and little to gripe about but here goes anyway as nobody else is chiming in lately.

Nothing wrong with the NRX lift but mildly disappointing to see a full corral and most every chair going up with 2-3 people (pet peeve). Nobody managing the lines on a busy Sat while lifties monitor from the shacks. Same for Summit. (it could actually Be Better - improved anyway)

Also, and this won't bother the weekend skiers, but SB has stopped having a singles line during the week. While the wait is not long, maybe 6-7 chairs usually, you can no longer ski up and join a chair of 1-2-3 at the front (and meet new people). Must be too much work, or deemed unnecessary to set up those extra gates everyday and reach over to scan a pass.

And when super bravo went down on Friday gatehouse corral was all screwed up because of no singles line

Been skiing at Big Sky with a bunch of Sugarbush people. Going to be totally spoiled. Worst line all week was the tram and that was 15 min. That place is seriously awesome. Lots of very steep terrain and great tree skiing. Didn't really snow a lot but still have great conditions. If you haven't gone you should.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Conditions were fantastic this weekend. Skied Mellon on Saturday and there was plenty of fresh. Did laps on the nrx. Felt really good not to be so cold.

Castle rock chair 102 days today Northridge 32

I think the castlerock opened before mt Ellen.

North ridge currently on maintenance delay.

North ridge opened at 10:30. Black diamond was amazing and fis was great so I did four laps there. The only problem with north ridge being closed was i had to do my 4 summit laps in a row and there was actually a line.