Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Could the engine be overworked. You guys did a nice job bringing increasing the lift but that extra force might be your problem.

We don't think so but that is why it is going out the shop in Troy, so it can be taken apart and fully examined.

How big is that engine that you can pull it out and throw it in the back of a pickup truck?

I gotta say, as frustrating as this is for us skiers, management must be pulling their hair out. Appreciate Win being at the bravo, and Adam cleaning snow off the chairs of heavens gate this morning. A new vh lift can't come soon enough..

Skiing was fantastic today. Much fun.

Don't know the exact weight but al least a few tons.

Good thing Win doesn't own an airline. Just kidding but I wonder how the the airlines stay in front of their maintenance issues.
    Last edited by dustyroads; 01-21-2015 at 12:29 PM.

huge budgets and tons of regulations. Probably the majority cost of the ticket.

Don't forget the massive government subsidies most American based airlines receive!

Quote Originally Posted by turgon View Post
    Don't forget the massive government subsidies most American based airlines receive!
    they do but they also compete against foreign carriers who not only receive subsidies from their own governments, but also get financing from our government to buy planes from Boeing.

Win only has 3 "airplanes" loading passengers out of the base area - if one goes down he can't bring in another airplane. I'm just thankful we don't have to go through security before loading Funny thing is - My kids call the chair seat next to the towers the aisle seat and the outside seat the window seat - anything in between is the dreaded middle seat.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Win only has 3 "airplanes" loading passengers out of the base area - if one goes down he can't bring in another airplane. I'm just thankful we don't have to go through security before loading Funny thing is - My kids call the chair seat next to the towers the aisle seat and the outside seat the window seat - anything in between is the dreaded middle seat.
    You really cracked me up with this kids real life analogy. I just do not want the lift attendants to pass out seat bottoms, oxygen masks or rope to me while I am on the lift(s).
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Win- any update on the motor? Looking back at the posts it got pulled on Sunday with an anticipated several day turnaround. Will the chair be running on Saturday? Thx.

It was a lot harder to get out that anticipated. It weighs around 8,000 pounds and not a lot of space to move around in the terminal. It was delivered to Troy yesterday and we should hear back from them today or tomorrow. I saw pictures and there were definitely a couple of pieces of copper that were bent or broken that likely caused some flames and arcing due to friction. That probably caused the motor to run irregularly and not up to speed. As soon as he hear how long it will take, I will let everyone know.

Bummer. Thanks for the honest update. Any chance it can run on diesel for the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Not blaming just trying to give all the history and facts. The lift manufacturers do not agree with you on the life of this lift. With all the electrical upgrades and a repaired motor it is essentially a brand new lift. There is nothing wrong with the chairs nor the towers.
    The lift manufacturers are like the used car salesman telling you the 08 XC90 is a great buy, if you want to deal with constant issues it is. The NRX is not a used MDX, that's for sure. Now the Sunny D is out for several days, thought it was on the summer refurb list but I must be wrong.

1000 hp electric mtor http://www.reliance.com/pdf/motors/brochures/BR435.pdf What's the over under on how long this rebake lasts?

Skiing has been fun and quiet this week, nice to see some snowmaking patches in the problem areas.