Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Any update on the lift? Will it be running this weekend?

Thursday's snow report indicates that it may be open Sunday:

"Mt. Ellen is 100% open and accessible, although the North Ridge lift will be closed today and possibly tomorrow. We are working hard to have it running by Sunday. Mt. Ellen passholders may ski and ride at Lincoln Peak until North Ridge reopens. Stay tuned for updates."

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    Thursday's snow report indicates that it may be open Sunday:

"Mt. Ellen is 100% open and accessible, although the North Ridge lift will be closed today and possibly tomorrow. We are working hard to have it running by Sunday. Mt. Ellen passholders may ski and ride at Lincoln Peak until North Ridge reopens. Stay tuned for updates."
    We are getting in back sometime tomorrow and will immediately bring it up and start the installation. Once it is in, which is a lot of work, we want to give it some run time. Scott and his crew are going to be working as fast as possible. Not sure it will be ready for Saturday, but we will try.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    We are getting in back sometime tomorrow and will immediately bring it up and start the installation. Once it is in, which is a lot of work, we want to give it some run time. Scott and his crew are going to be working as fast as possible. Not sure it will be ready for Saturday, but we will try.
    Report from Beaver Creek where the skiing is not as good as The Bush. NRX is open!

Glad to finally have the NRX chair running. Great skiing at Mt Ellen today.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Glad to finally have the NRX chair running. Great skiing at Mt Ellen today.
    It's nice they were able to open a chair that should have opened 7 weeks ago . In a 15 week season that's almost half the season ( just like the golf course not having all its holes open this season hole 16 was closed for 12 weeks ) now GMX is closed Please Get It Together PS should have bought north pass this year how about a little love for the people that bought a full man pass that haven't been able to ski the whole mtn btw castle rock was on maintenance delay also didn't open

The lift situation is déjà vu all over again. Get one fixed and two more are down. Things happen but his is a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    The lift situation is déjà vu all over again. Get one fixed and two more are down. Things happen but his is a trend.
    I responded earlier under another post but will repeat here. The PLC in GMX had a programming bug. This has to
    be done by the lift manufacturer, Poma. They were working on a lift at a nearby ski resort that had broken
    Down and could not get here until this morning. Inverness does give you access to the entire
    Mountain with NRX and Summit running.

At LP Castlerock was down until 1:43 today. This was weather caused. Tower 10 was misaligned due to the
    cold and wind. Not easy work in the cold snd snow. After it was fixed all the sheaves downhill of it had to be adjusted. The recent cold weather
    takes a toll on both lifts and our staff who are working hard to make everything run smoothly.

Also let me correct a fact. NRX is a key lift but GMX and Summit allow access to all terrain at ME.

Also let me correct a fact. NRX is a key lift but GMX and Summit allow access to all terrain at ME.
    Today Inverness was a "key" lift, and you know what, it worked out great!!!!!

Good thing it was available. There's actually some pretty good skiing there, especially when no one is around.

Oh yeah, it does give access to NRX. Who knew?

I was bit disappointed that the summit was on "win hold" but that's OK it led us to other good things down below.

Mt Ellen, North, Glen Ellen, whatever, is a great place!!!! For those who have an issue with CRP I'm sure Jim and Bill would appreciate the business.

That all being said I greatly appreciate that Mt Ellen pass holders were given access to Lincoln peak during the NRX shut down. I took advantage of it this Saturday and Sunday. While it was a bit brisk out, skiing was great and I was able to get a nice warm scotch and a beer from Shawn and Rich without delay.

Yeah Baby!!!

Not much you can do about mother nature. I think Sugarbush gets a lot of heat around lifts because its been an ongoing problem for a while. So even though you are trying to change that ,when they do break down the past influences the present. On the Summit chair you are correct that it allows access to all terrain and with that being said it is a slow ride to China for a very, very short run.

GMX down again keep up the good work lift maintenance

I get that you're frustrated and things are piling on, but come on. The same could then be said about Super Bravo. It's a key lift, but not critical. You could spin Valley Double and access all the terrain through a long reverse traverse to HG. But no one would say that because it's silly. When NRX is down Ellen skis small. Upper FIS and Black Diamond are great runs, but short and then essentially a run out after. Tumbler, Hammerhead, etc are great runs, but then a run out. NRX allows you to ski sustained vertical and really good terrain end to end without a run out and changes how Ellen skis considerably. It being down and the problems that have plagued it for the years have been a serious hit on the ski-ability of the mountain. I know people will argue, but it's true. Doesn't mean I won't ski it without NRX, it just means it will be limited. Ellen pass holders may say all the better for them to have less people, but let's be honest with each other.

I get and appreciate that you guys are working on the lifts. It is visible through the posts here at least and no doubt your teams are working hard and through some really cold temps. To them a big thank you. The issue is that it was allowed to get to this stage. NRX was having issues for years. It makes the rest of us wonder about the lift maintenance program of the past for all lifts especially following last year. So while you guys may be working your butts off to make up for sins of times past it's hard for us to the give the benefit of the doubt when a lift goes down. So the recent weather related closures to include wind holds get an initial reaction of frustration though it's probably not fair of us to do so in normal circumstances. You have to earn that trust back I guess. I mean I've been on the lift a few times when it stopped and people started complaining and it was probably due to someone needing help loading/unloading due to the time down, but the initial stoppage got groans and gripes.

If you can get through a season with no significant outages I think things will turn around, but until then I think posts like the one you're responding to will be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    I get that you're frustrated and things are piling on, but come on. The same could then be said about Super Bravo. It's a key lift, but not critical. You could spin Valley Double and access all the terrain through a long reverse traverse to HG. But no one would say that because it's silly. When NRX is down Ellen skis small. Upper FIS and Black Diamond are great runs, but short and then essentially a run out after. Tumbler, Hammerhead, etc are great runs, but then a run out. NRX allows you to ski sustained vertical and really good terrain end to end without a run out and changes how Ellen skis considerably. It being down and the problems that have plagued it for the years have been a serious hit on the ski-ability of the mountain. I know people will argue, but it's true. Doesn't mean I won't ski it without NRX, it just means it will be limited. Ellen pass holders may say all the better for them to have less people, but let's be honest with each other.

I get and appreciate that you guys are working on the lifts. It is visible through the posts here at least and no doubt your teams are working hard and through some really cold temps. To them a big thank you. The issue is that it was allowed to get to this stage. NRX was having issues for years. It makes the rest of us wonder about the lift maintenance program of the past for all lifts especially following last year. So while you guys may be working your butts off to make up for sins of times past it's hard for us to the give the benefit of the doubt when a lift goes down. So the recent weather related closures to include wind holds get an initial reaction of frustration though it's probably not fair of us to do so in normal circumstances. You have to earn that trust back I guess. I mean I've been on the lift a few times when it stopped and people started complaining and it was probably due to someone needing help loading/unloading due to the time down, but the initial stoppage got groans and gripes.

If you can get through a season with no significant outages I think things will turn around, but until then I think posts like the one you're responding to will be the norm.
    Well said, also compared to other mountains in the area there are more lift issues here. What are they doing differently since they face the same weather conditions as Sugarbush?

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post

from my perspective, the lift issues started (obviously there are always issues with lifts at all mtns, but I mean things got really bad) when they lost all those lift mechanics before last season. Seems that since then, every time there is a problem, its a major problem and the lift is out of service for days if not weeks. I understand management can't say in a public forum that the lift mechanic team is incompetent and the problems are a result of that. But from where I sit, without any inside knowledge, that's what it looks like to me. I mean, they put in the effort and money over the offseason to get the lifts operating reliably. they overhauled the lifts, to have these kind of problems continuing, there must be a problem with the people operating them. and I'm not saying anyone isn't working hard, caring, fighting the temperatures or that they arent really nice people. They just arent getting the job done. I may be totally wrong about this, but that's my 2 cents.

What you are saying is something that is being echoed around the valley and from current and past employees. True or false it is the perception.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!