Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Can you imagine what a disaster it would have been if Super Bravo had the breakdowns that NRX has had over the last few years? We are fortunate not to have lived that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Can you imagine what a disaster it would have been if Super Bravo had the breakdowns that NRX has had over the last few years? We are fortunate not to have lived that circumstance.
    Someone would have gone postal.

At this rate I bet if it is running by next weekend we will be lucky. If they struggled to get it out it's not going back in any easier.

Not exactly true. They know exactly what they are up against now. All the questions and issues were figured out on the way out. Going back in is way easier. Always.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Guys, my team knows exactly what they are doing. Installing the motor is much simpler than getting it out. Sunny=D needed a new bearing an d will be in today. That had nothing to do with the summer work. That is working fine. As I said I will update you when I have good information. I doubt it will be ready this weekend, though.

Skied Mt. Ellen on Thursday for the $30 Thursday special. Was aware of the NRX problems, but found a few more. In addition to the Sunny D being down, at approximately 2:40pm the Inverness quad was closed & shut down. We inquired as to why, and were basically told "because."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deflated shive wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Skied Mt. Ellen on Thursday for the $30 Thursday special. Was aware of the NRX problems, but found a few more. In addition to the Sunny D being down, at approximately 2:40pm the Inverness quad was closed & shut down. We inquired as to why, and were basically told "because."
    So 3 of 5 lifts down?

Sunny D is delayed and might not run today. Hope everyone has fun riding the GMX to get to the park for the Burton event.

Ok. I was over at ME most of the morning. Sunny-D was delayed but opened at 12:42. As I said previously a bearing broke and we had to reorder a new one. They sent the wrong one so we sent someone down to Boston to get it yesterday evening. Work began first thing this am. By the way most of the Burton event is being held on the bottom part of the park so they were hiking until Sunny-D opened. I timed the line at both GMX and Summit while I was there and between 10 and noon the wait was under 5 minutes on a very busy day. Inverness on midweek is open to GMVS for racing only. Their race ended after 2pm and that is why it closed.

And, the skiing is good and is seems most people are having a great day.

I rode from 8am until about 3, starting at Lincoln. When the lines started getting bad, I took Slide Brook over to Ellen and rode there for several runs. While NRE being down was a bummer, it wasn't that bad. The GMX line moved pretty quick and Summit looked longer than it was. The snow was really nice and fast. Headed back over to Lincoln in the afternoon and was amazed that popular runs like Sleeper and Snowball->Fling had not yet been skied off after lunchtime.

All in all, a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    So 3 of 5 lifts down?
    That's not really an accurate representation. If I'm not mistaken Tommy's Toy was spinning and in tip top shape.

Why don't they use the gmvs lifts as backup. I understand not making the racers wait in line but I with both those lifts running there has to be extra space for the rest of us.

Those lifts are owned by GMVS, not Sugarbush. Plus you have to hike to get to the T-bar, then switch over to the Poma across the trail to get all the way up Inverness. Even then it only goes to top of Semi-Tough.

It's going to be nut shrinking cold this coming weekend. With the Super Bowl on Sunday, I'm hoping it's a pretty quiet weekend. This would assuage the log jam a bit if NRX is still down.

Working against my above theory is the blizzard striking the coast. It will make the filthy casuals get the itch to want to pizza down a mountain.