Quote Originally Posted by Da Fugee View Post
It looks like I'm in the minority, but I will come out and say how I feel, which is strong about this subject.

There is simply not enough room for corrals at the bottom of the hill. It is already a nightmare on a busy day skiing from the VH side over to the Gatehouse side. This won't matter anyway when the chair sits rotting M-F.

And I know clay brookers need to have first tracks on top of a constitutional right to not have to take more than 75 paces to a lift, to not have north be the spring venue even when it makes sense, etc and so on, but that still doesn't make this the "right" choice. Best of a bad situation? Maybe. It's probably too late to move Timbers and CB back about 300' to have a normal view of the hill and ease of getting around as a skier that other resorts have the luxury of. The whole base configuration is such that you'd think that Sugarbush was in a box canyon like Telluride.

Now we're going to lose another couple of buildings that house patrol and equipment. Where is that stuff supposed to go? I guess I wouldn't mind if it took over the "CastleRock Pub" if the Valley House Lodge could get some of the attention it deserves. Like music in the mushroom, a view of the incredible mountain, and a far more passable spring venue with bumps on the Mall, fan guns on both sides of the Snowball and Spring Fling, and burgers and beers on the deck where the action is.

I guess I just don't really get the short sighted abomination that is the top of steins, the gate house lodge positioning, and the soon to be civil war battlefield on the Bravo side of the hill.

Oh well.

All these people write stories about going back in time and preventing WWII. Makes sense, but I think I'd make a few stops along the way, first to put CB next to Sugarbush Village and then to convince the maker of "Low-E" guns to do something useful like basket weaving instead. Possibly drop a polite suggestion in the bush comment box about RFID being a better option than the hand scanners. Or at least, have one person scan while other people make the lines move.

Now everyone get back to the kissing the status quo's butt like Killington hasn't done a 180 in the past ten years. When Jay got a new Tram and waterpark. And I wonder how Smuggs is going to look when Okemo or Windham gets their hands on it and puts HSQ's from base to summit. They only have ratniks so far but at least they feed them a lot of diesel. Sugarbush has done a lot too, like watch almost every decent restaurant go out of business in the valley while the mountain somehow scooped up all the real estate on the access road so we can enjoy $15 cheesesteaks in moms basement at the hill.
I'm not going to address your complaints about everything wrong with this world. I'm sorry that you are such an unhappy person. complaining about the restaurant situation in the MRV and blaming the resort, is truly bizarre. but I guess to each his own.
your complaint about siting the lift at the base, imho, is misguided. There is plenty of room for a corral that doesnt interfere with that of the superbravo. and as for removing the mountain ops buildings, I'm sure they will find alternate accommodations.
you've gotta be a pretty miserable sob, not to be happy about replacing a rickety old slow double with a spanking new quad which wont require hucking up to. but, whatever.