Thread: Timely Grooming

Timely Grooming

I want to state up front I am not normally in favor of grooming our natural trails. But once and a while it a can be good thing. I really enjoyed all the new snow we got last week. I did ski all of Castlerock again at the end of the day on Sunday. What I found was that Middle Earth had huge irregular choppy bumps with un-friendly drop offs. But lots of snow. I am wondering if it might not make sense to groom it after tomorrow r**n but before the impending new snow? In my mind CasteRock run itself does not seem to have the same amount of snow and could not take a grooming. Plus it's bumps were more round/user friendly.

In the same vein might it make sense to groom/push the the field of snow above the last drop off of Lift Line down not the cat track, building that base for it abundant traffic. I myself would gladly loose that little terrain to build base on the cat track so in the spring we can ski longer on Castlerock.

Let it snow.

Tree,

Grooming right now would not improve things. We would likely ruin alot of terrain. When it sets in further and we get some more then we will as we try to do a couple of times each year.

Weather has changed to the ugly since my post. I agree now. Let hope we get many inches of snow after a bit of uglyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post
    I want to state up front I am not normally in favor of grooming our natural trails. But once and a while it a can be good thing. I really enjoyed all the new snow we got last week. I did ski all of Castlerock again at the end of the day on Sunday. What I found was that Middle Earth had huge irregular choppy bumps with un-friendly drop offs. But lots of snow. I am wondering if it might not make sense to groom it after tomorrow r**n but before the impending new snow? In my mind CasteRock run itself does not seem to have the same amount of snow and could not take a grooming. Plus it's bumps were more round/user friendly.

In the same vein might it make sense to groom/push the the field of snow above the last drop off of Lift Line down not the cat track, building that base for it abundant traffic. I myself would gladly loose that little terrain to build base on the cat track so in the spring we can ski longer on Castlerock.

Let it snow.
    Funny,.. I had the exact same experience in Middle Earth Sunday afternoon. Those irregular choppy bumps were killing me,... my early season ski legs were not helping matters either.

Grooming????? HA I have heard it all. Treeskier is now asking for grooming. What is this world coming to.....

Keep the groomers off castlerock. If you can't ski it in it's natural form then, sorry. Besides there is not nearly enough snow to groom natural trails. we need way more snow before this conversation can actually happen.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Grooming????? HA I have heard it all. Treeskier is now asking for grooming. What is this world coming to.....

Keep the groomers off castlerock. If you can't ski it in it's natural form then, sorry. Besides there is not nearly enough snow to groom natural trails. we need way more snow before this conversation can actually happen.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Funny,.. I had the exact same experience in Middle Earth Sunday afternoon. Those irregular choppy bumps were killing me,... my early season ski legs were not helping matters either.
    Funny, I felt that way on Saturday. Sunday afternoon, I hit middle earth thinking it would be the end of me, but I found my rhythm, got balanced properly and ripped it up.