Thread: Barrel test

Barrel test

Hapenning on HG. Hopefully it passes and opens for tday. I guess they use boxes instead of barrels.

Good spring skiing out there today.

Attached Images Attached Images

Was that the state inspection or just a test?

I asked if this was the official barrel test and they said yes.

I went down there Yesterday around noon and asked if they were doing the state inspection and the guy said no. That was all I got. Maybe. Maybe not. Today's report might tell us.
    Last edited by Hawk; 11-24-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

You were both right. Mike Nellis the tram inspector was not here yet when Hawk asked the question. He arrived sometime after 1pm. he made a special effort to some up to us on a Sunday to do the inspection. I really appreciate his effort as well as the effort both Cummins Engine and Sky Trak make to have people here over the weekend. The issue was whether the diesel engine could pass in case it is needed to evacuate the lift if the electric motor could not function. it passed that test. We are just awaiting the final paperwork. SkyTrak, the State Cummins engine and the USFS all need to sign-off. Hope this is done my the end of the day.

We got the approvals and it opened just after I posted this. Skied the trails this afternoon and I was pleased how well they have held up so far. With the exception of a bare spot just uphill of Header all the trail are well covered so barring a fog eating monster tonight we should be in good shape when the temperatures begin to fall tomorrow. Looks like snowmaking will resume up high for a couple of days. Fingers crossed for snow Wednesday PM into Thanksgiving.

When you ride HG make sure you notice the towers on both Ripcord and Upper Organgrinder.

Made first chair on HG......some very nice turns on Jester!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should even be nicer if we get 5-8 tomorrow.

Awesome turns today, especially after the snow started. Guns on Jester were dry and it was definitely fun out there.