Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    It's that other stuff that no one likes to say. Just in time for my vacation. But everything it great. Happy Happy. Joy Joy.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It's that other stuff that no one likes to say. Just in time for my vacation. But everything it great. Happy Happy. Joy Joy.
    my offer stands. besides, will be followed by upslope fluff tonight.

We will see Rabbit. We will see.

After reading today's snow report, I must ask...is the North Ridge Chair broken again??
    Was looking forward to Mt. Ellen's opening tomorrow but may go elsewhere if the North Ridge Chair is down.

From Win's Word:

At North Ridge, that is also the case. The two communications lines are new--these connect the top terminal with the bottom and carry all the electronic impulses. So, too, are the drive and the electronic circuit boards in the terminal. We hired lift manufacturer Dopplemayr to perform this work. Unfortunately, the custom communications lines manufactured in Europe were over two weeks late in arriving, setting Dopplemayr’s schedule back. They have been working overtime and as fast as possible and now expect to have everything ready for the Tram Authority’s inspection early next week. It is disappointing that they could not meet the goal of having it ready this Friday, but the delivery of the line was beyond their control. Because of this, we will be allowing any Mt. Ellen passholder to ride Slide Brook and ski Lincoln Peak until the work on North Ridge has been completed. The Slide Brook lift is scheduled to spin on Saturday and then every day (weather permitting) until Mt. Ellen closes the last Sunday of March. Sunny D will also begin operation for the season on Saturday. - See more at: http://www.sugarbush.com/blogs/wins-....eLVvAF8K.dpuf

Bummer. Wasn't that a Poma originally? Did Dopplemayr move it in '95 so it became a hybrid? I hope it can be running soon, one of the best lifts at SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Bummer. Wasn't that a Poma originally? Did Dopplemayr move it in '95 so it became a hybrid? I hope it can be running soon, one of the best lifts at SB.
    Agree. Arguably the 2nd best across the two mtns behind only CR for me. Get to access the best of what Ellen has to offer in one, short, digestible lift ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I have heard the same thing. Also from what I have heard when they moved the north ridge, they had a box of "spare" parts and that was when the lift started braking down. Hope it works this time.
    When did sugarbush start these lift projects?

We will see Rabbit. We will see.
    more reason for you to cheer up. from win

As you know, we added a significant number of new low-energy snow towers and guns at both mountains over the summer. We have been so pleased with the results that we have purchased another 63, and are installing them this week.

A suggestion for Win; I think the live web-cams on your website are great, and you are to be commended for showing the lift corrals, (because sometimes the crowds/herds can be quite scary!), but it would be great if you had a few more showing the actual skiing. Focus them on a popular trail perhaps. Gives us a better idea of the conditions as opposed to the wait at the lifts.

Also there should be a valley house cam so we can compare lines between the valley house and bravo.

The HG camera pointing up Downspout would provide some entertainment.

I totally disagree. I like the cameras the way they are. With the SB App you can peak at the cam on busy days and know if lifts are shut down, open, line size. It has saved us or helped us on many occasions. Nothing worse than going to a lift and finding out it is not running or the line is 30 minutes long. If anything just add cameras.

I totally disagree. I like the cameras the way they are. With the SB App you can peak at the cam on busy days and know if lifts are shut down, open, line size. It has saved us or helped us on many occasions. Nothing worse than going to a lift and finding out it is not running or the line is 30 minutes long. If anything just add cameras.
    Hawk, you don't disagree. That is exactly what I am suggesting. Add a few more to show both the lift lines, and the skiing.

Your are right. Sorry I misunderstood. Somehow I thought you wanted to just change the point of view. Carry on.