Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Open trails is open trails. Cheating? I didn't know that there was governing body that had official snowmaking rules. LOL
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

think of the amount of terrain open like the pages of a book, the book with wider margins is probably physically the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    think of the amount of terrain open like the pages of a book, the book with wider margins is probably physically the biggest.
    Dude, are you serious in calling out Okemo's snow coverage in the trail count game?

Switching topics. Best set of webcams in the ski business?:
    http://www.jacksonhole.com/mountain-...tain-cams.html <--be sure to click on the full view to the the complete effect.

Ya but when you are skiing only a couple of ways down, any added route makes a big difference. For instance I would take spring fling open any way they could instead of waiting for them to fully cover it side to side. I would not call that cheating. I would call that open!

At least Snowball/Fling will open tomorrow. I bet skiers right of Snowball will be bit thin. Big piles too I bet.

I agree that Okemo having so many trails open is great even with the massive bear patches. Just be aware that much of there advertised 260 acres of terrain has not had snow made on it and is not skiable.

Also tomorrow all of Jester, Spring Fling and the Welcome Matt will be open, increasing trail count to 16. with mellon closed and okemo inflating there trail count i think sugarbush has made more snow than okemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I agree that Okemo having so many trails open is great even with the massive bear patches. Just be aware that much of there advertised 260 acres of terrain has not had snow made on it and is not skiable.

Also tomorrow all of Jester, Spring Fling and the Welcome Matt will be open, increasing trail count to 16. with mellon closed and okemo inflating there trail count i think sugarbush has made more snow than okemo.

Killington can run at 12k gallons per minute, Okemo 8 to 9k. I'd be very surprised if the Bush has more than 6k of uphill capacity at the combined sum of both Mt Ellen and Lincoln. And so, given the capacity difference, its hard to see how Okemo could have less man made snow than the Bush.

http://vtskiandride.com/2014/01/19/s...amage-control/

at the end of the day, it's still jokemo.

you cant buy vert! onto the valley!

If I remember correctly, I think the capacity is about 4000gpm at both lp and Mellon.

At these temps it's about the air capacity not water. Water becomes the limiting factor when it gets below 10'. K, Okemo, Hunter have huge air plants and rent compressors Nov-Jan. bush no longer rents, that was almost a trails worth of capacity.

We are about 6 million total at LP and ME. It is not true that air in the limiting capacity any more with the new low energy guns That used to be the case and why diesel generators were needed early in the season. We have been running near Max water at LP past few days which we have never done this time of year. When it gets colder we can actually use less than the three compressors and max out on water. You can see how fast Snowball and Spring Fling came in. We have a couple of fan guns and they get moved around.

Terrific skiing today whatever the cause and effect.

The early season snowmaking talk will die off if things go our way with this midweek system. Start the snow dance.

No it won't. el nino winter dude. Cold followed by warm followed by cold. You'll see.

Upper Domino Murphy's bird land and spills are open. Is paradise ext closed or is that a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk