Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Come on guys. Skiing is great! Mother nature is coming. We will all forget about this rough patch next week. I love downspout. Super good corduroy on that sucka. Keep the faith and we will be rewarded! Here at sugarbush we get snow from heaven not hoses. Oh, that's Targee. Sorry. Well maybe we should change our slogan.

You remind me so much of an old cartoon I would watch as a kid - Guliver's Travels,... there was a character call Glum,... "we'll never make it,... we're doomed" For those of you that don't remember,... you got to watch the youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqALm_rmM1g

What do you mean. Everything is looking bright and awesome. No glum here. Can't wait for the snow to fall!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Go Figure and I must be skiing different mountains.

There are no restirctions pumping more water. The only restriction in withdrawing water from the Mad River when the flow is below the specified level.

With a new Valley lift it might make sense if the temperatures allow to open that pod firs and then work on the upper mountain. Early season you go where the temperatures allows. Downspout is a challenging trail so having options early on make for a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post

With a new Valley lift it might make sense if the temperatures allow to open that pod firs and then work on the upper mountain. Early season you go where the temperatures allows. Downspout is a challenging trail so having options early on make for a better experience.
    But then we would whine about the hike up to the Valley House. Kidding, of course. I think they used to run a magic carpet from the old base lodge up to the Spring Fling chair for a couple of years, as a shuttle type of thing. It was laid out along the pond skimming route. I think. Not sure. Maybe we hiked.

Hey, happy NorEaster people in VT. I'm in Bethlehem PA where it's raining. I live vicariously through the SB website. It's 12:50pm on Tuesday. Is there ANY snowmaking going on on-mountain? Website trail report says no. IF you are gonna have a website that indicates there is snowmaking going on, THEN please make it accurate. Whomever is at the bottom of the hill getting the updates from those doing the hard work, should be instantly updating the website. Don't like that idea? Don't have a website. Better yet, write code that links your snowmaking system to the website to take that person out of the loop. I'm 6 hours away. SB is where I go in VT. We stay with a friend at a condo on the access road and occasionally use the Eagles with our timeshare network. Get up there 2-3 times each winter.

Most of you are either locals or within an easy weekend drive and have a much much much more hands on view or SB. My view is via www.sugarbush.com. If you are going to have a website, make it accurate. Not seeing snowmaking on the 3/6 working webcams so maybe conditions do not support snowmaking. It's 12:56 and I just looked again. Can anyone better informed let someone from PA know if snowmaking and trail expansion is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Go Figure and I must be skiing different mountains.

There are no restirctions pumping more water. The only restriction in withdrawing water from the Mad River when the flow is below the specified level.

Key text here is "when temperatures allow". While it would be great to get more terrain variety early season, the simple fact is that early season temps generally don't lend themselves well to making snow below 2500' all that often. Better solution, in a very narrow sense, would be to go ahead with that ASC-era plan to cut a run in that wide swath of north facing trees between Domino and Downspout, but there are significant externalities there.

Of course, the best solution would be to simply place early season at Mt Ellen where you can have a full, north facing pod open above 3000' and download on GMX. Not holding my breath on that though - we've gone over this before.

Actually you remind me so much of Pollyanna!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pollyanna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bhyKS_SWPM

But that is OK. Everything is great!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    You remind me so much of an old cartoon I would watch as a kid - Guliver's Travels,... there was a character call Glum,... "we'll never make it,... we're doomed" For those of you that don't remember,... you got to watch the youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqALm_rmM1g

Quote Originally Posted by SkiVideoGuy View Post
    Hey, happy NorEaster people in VT. I'm in Bethlehem PA where it's raining. I live vicariously through the SB website. It's 12:50pm on Tuesday. Is there ANY snowmaking going on on-mountain? Website trail report says no. IF you are gonna have a website that indicates there is snowmaking going on, THEN please make it accurate. Whomever is at the bottom of the hill getting the updates from those doing the hard work, should be instantly updating the website. Don't like that idea? Don't have a website. Better yet, write code that links your snowmaking system to the website to take that person out of the loop. I'm 6 hours away. SB is where I go in VT. We stay with a friend at a condo on the access road and occasionally use the Eagles with our timeshare network. Get up there 2-3 times each winter.

Most of you are either locals or within an easy weekend drive and have a much much much more hands on view or SB. My view is via www.sugarbush.com. If you are going to have a website, make it accurate. Not seeing snowmaking on the 3/6 working webcams so maybe conditions do not support snowmaking. It's 12:56 and I just looked again. Can anyone better informed let someone from PA know if snowmaking and trail expansion is happening?
    They were making snow around the gate house lift to open up the beginner terrain but if you look at the temps on that report, it shows that it might be too warm to make snow right now. That would explain the report showing no snowmaking.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's going to snow a ton this winter and we will not need the snowmaking. I know this because I was told this by people on this message board. Everything is great around here. Come and join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    They were making snow around the gate house lift to open up the beginner terrain but if you look at the temps on that report, it shows that it might be too warm to make snow right now. That would explain the report showing no snowmaking.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's going to snow a ton this winter and we will not need the snowmaking. I know this because I was told this by people on this message board. Everything is great around here. Come and join the fun!
    I didn't see any snow making this morning when I was skiing but there were a number of guns bunched together that were not in use in the middle of lower Ripcord. Perhaps this is a part of the next phase?

Skiing has been great for this time of the year so hopefully the good mojo will continue.

It is 5pm here at Sugarbush. We shut down snowmaking this morning as the temperatures and humidity came up. The Cam's are live with a few seconds delay. The snow report on the web shows lifts and trails open, which are groomed and where snowmaking is occurring and is updated during the day as needed. The snowphone can also be called 802-583-7669 (snow).

We shut down snowmaking this morning as temperatures and humidity rose. Mother Nature is taking over. It is 32 as the base and 25 at the Summit so we should see some decent accumulation by morning, and I suspect Friday am will be even better. Temps may rise a bit but hopefully we will stay all snow. The forecast is dynamic though. Temperatures are going to be marginal down low through the weekend, so we will be moving up next to make snow on Ripcord at LP and Elbow and as far down as possible at ME. It should be a fun weekend and we will see lift and trail expansion at LP.

It's gonna be a zoo this weekend. Good for business though.

Hopefully Snowball and Spring Fling will be groomed. Those whales are not too much fun for some of us. Is there a schedule for rolling them?

according to the snow report snowball and spring fling will be groomed and according to Facebook Facebook Castle rock is on the table for the weekend.

Heavy snow right now.....I'd say almost a foot at our house at 1,600 ft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet. Looks like its really bombing out. Heavy wet base snow - perfect to get the mtn open in a big way. Long term forecast has trended cooler too. Nice.