Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The snow pasted everything up here. It stuck to everything. Trees bending over all over the place. Power was out at the condo but back up now. Signs that our plow guy had a real hard time also. This is just want the doctor ordered.
    We got a note that they had to use bucket loaders to move the snow it was so heavy.

Anyone go 12A over the gap? No issues?

Nope. No issues except the corners were a little slick. Headed out now. Woo hoo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Anyone go 12A over the gap? No issues?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

What is anybody going to have to complain about this weekend?😀

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

MRG opened today. I wonder if that has any significant impact on crowds at SB???

Don't provoke me Stan.....I mean.....I know Right.

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post

I would say no. Not that many of the MRG skiers come to SB and on opening weekend at MRG very few SB skiers will go to MRG. My guess is the numbers tomorrow will be pretty good but not a crush. People are Christmas shopping and still doing other things. Plus if everything goes well, we will have all our lifts at Lincoln. They shoveled out the VH double today and were running it. Looks like that will run. North links is a mystery. I did not see it running but that is not to say that they didn't work on it. Here is my prediction - there will be some scattered lines but not that bad. Today was packed powder and I think the first half tomorrow will be nice and then the ware and tare will show up on the natural trails from the volume.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    MRG opened today. I wonder if that has any significant impact on crowds at SB???

North links opens at 10. I think this is one of the worst weekends of the year since the crowded have started come but Ellan is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My compliant is not being at Sugarbush! And it's all Win's fault too! I am sure he conspired to have my various family obligations all come this weekend! Can you believe that? What a bastard!

Heavens Gate is down on maintenance delay on another prime Saturday.

Reality is defined by cause and effect relationships overlaid with random occurrence. In the short run, one cannot easily separate out the random events from those driven by the structured patterns that are governed by cause and effect. However, as maintenance issues continue to accumulate with regularity, it is beginning to stretch credulity that those maintenance issues are "unlucky" random occurrences. The breakdowns increasingly appear to be a pattern that is the result of real underlying root causes. No one should be under the illusion that things will get better until those root causes are identified and remediated. I am hopeful that management is not under that illusion.

Obviously, I wrote a bit too soon with Heaven's Gate on hold & North Links on delay. Notwithstanding, the skiing conditions are magnificent.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

What is anybody going to have to complain about this weekend?��

Reality is defined by cause and effect relationships overlaid with random occurrence. In the short run, one cannot easily separate out the random events from those driven by the structured patterns that are governed by cause and effect. However, as maintenance issues continue to accumulate with regularity, it is beginning to stretch credulity that those maintenance issues are "unlucky" random occurrences. The breakdowns increasingly appear to be a pattern that is the result of real underlying root causes. No one should be under the illusion that things will get better until those root causes are identified and remediated. I am hopeful that management is not under that illusion.

No Way UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Njski View Post

Along with HG chair down, there is apparently a no more skinning/hiking allowed at Mt. Ellen, at least that's what I was told by the Sugarbush rep as I had made my way up from the base at 12:00pm today.....told that because Castle Rock had been "torn up" from folks skinning up no one was being allowed to skin up Mt. Ellen....as they had been able to do for years past......the hits just keep on coming.......told to go ski at South....well, I can't get to the summit by chair at South so how bout you let me make my own way up there??

Oh and when I went to season ticket office to pick up my pass for the year, no one in that office had heard of any NO HIKING policy on Mt Ellen....nice job spreading the word corporate wide...such a joke....

Looking forward to the day when I pay for a season pass at a mountain that doesn't have a summit chair go down on a weekly/daily basis and has an uphill skier policy....this is getting old.

Dude, I am gong to say this once again. Instead of marching up to the base and walking by all the hard working mountain people getting ready for next weekend, try going the path less traveled. The whole skinning issue has been out there forever. Enter north from the route less traveled. I will leave the creativity up to you. I bet you have more success. Rules are for people who follow rules!

As you were.....
    Quote Originally Posted by volklmantras View Post
    Along with HG chair down, there is apparently a no more skinning/hiking allowed at Mt. Ellen, at least that's what I was told by the Sugarbush rep as I had made my way up from the base at 12:00pm today.....told that because Castle Rock had been "torn up" from folks skinning up no one was being allowed to skin up Mt. Ellen....as they had been able to do for years past......the hits just keep on coming.......told to go ski at South....well, I can't get to the summit by chair at South so how bout you let me make my own way up there??

Oh and when I went to season ticket office to pick up my pass for the year, no one in that office had heard of any NO HIKING policy on Mt Ellen....nice job spreading the word corporate wide...such a joke....

Looking forward to the day when I pay for a season pass at a mountain that doesn't have a summit chair go down on a weekly/daily basis and has an uphill skier policy....this is getting old.