Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    two questions, was it me, or was heavens gate running a bit faster???? I wasnt timing it or anything, it just seemed a little faster than what I recalled.

also, were any towers added on the side of Ripcord??? it seemed like there were more than what I recalled from last year.

The towers on Ripcord that were replaced are from the bottom of Spillsville, up to the top of Ripcord/Paradise. I don't think there's more of them as I don't recall any hydrants being added. Perhaps it just looks like there's more since the new ones are shiny silver, while the old ones were brown and blended in with the trees. You'll definitely notice a few extra new towers on Snowball between Twist and Spring Fling. When the water line was replaced (along with its hydrants), a few new hydrants were added as well. I really can't wait to get that trail fired up - should come into it really well... especially if the wind is right!

Didn't have my camera with me.......Very impressive snowmaking cloud over the Bush today!!!!

The bush posted a photo of the snowmaking cloud to facebook today.

10321768_10152920873043384_1351842693038591596_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    The bush posted a photo of the snowmaking cloud to facebook today.

10321768_10152920873043384_1351842693038591596_o.jpg
    sad, looked so much better this past weekend when everything was white.

When I first rode HG I thought the same thing but no it runs around 450 feet per minute same as last year. But it is much quieter and smoother which I think creates the iillusion. On windy days lifts are slowed to keep them running and not being put on windhold if at all possible so that can also create the feeling if you last rode it on a windy day. The entire electical system is new which accounts for the smoother and quieter ride. Also a new drive and rebuilt motors. There are more towers on Ripcord. WE have put them in place of where land guns were last yeare.

its not even winter yet. good times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    When I first rode HG I thought the same thing but no it runs around 450 feet per minute same as last year. But it is much quieter and smoother which I think creates the iillusion. On windy days lifts are slowed to keep them running and not being put on windhold if at all possible so that can also create the feeling if you last rode it on a windy day. The entire electical system is new which accounts for the smoother and quieter ride. Also a new drive and rebuilt motors. There are more towers on Ripcord. WE have put them in place of where land guns were last yeare.
    Yes, I am not going crazy. Thanks, win.

Last night, we fired up Snowball/Spring Fling, so hopefully those will come in pretty quickly. Valley House Traverse and Lower Jester (which we call Middle Jester) was bare ground just 2 days ago and are now getting very close.

Stay tuned - good things ahead!

Today, we have snowmaking across Valley Traverse, down Snowball and Spring Fling to the base, the middle section of Jester and the Welcome Mat. They are blasting. Hoping the Fling will be ready on Saturday. Also winching all of Grinder tonight. at ME focus because of the temps is on the terrain park and finishing top of Inverness for GMVS. We are do pleased with the guns that we may purchase 20-30 more. There are a few towers that can still use them.

Middle Jester is good so then Murphy's and Birdland can get online quick and take load off LOG. I assume over to Gatehouse or up to Ripcord with temps? From the camera it looks like the wind is cooperating on Fling

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Today, we have snowmaking across Valley Traverse, down Snowball and Spring Fling to the base, the middle section of Jester and the Welcome Mat. They are blasting. Hoping the Fling will be ready on Saturday. Also winching all of Grinder tonight. at ME focus because of the temps is on the terrain park and finishing top of Inverness for GMVS. We are do pleased with the guns that we may purchase 20-30 more. There are a few towers that can still use them.
    I noticed that the fan gun that had been used in past seasons at the base by the super bravo is no longer there. Curious as to why. Was that a demo that was returned? are the new guns performing better than the fan gun?

There was a fan gun on Saturday set up by the welcome mat (Kid slope) on Saturday. My wife noticed it right away and said. "Those are nice. What are they? Why don't we get more of those." She'd not on the forum and I just didn't have the heart to go into it.

I love the bush, but meanwhile down in the slightly warmer climate of Ludlow, Okemo (the snow kings) has 259 acres open with six lift pods. Jackson Gore opened today. That's damn impressive.

I've heard they cheated by leaving 1 side of there trails bare after making snow on it.