Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    WTF if HG can't run.

Quote Originally Posted by slaw View Post
    Friday open only for "early ups" pass holders.
    That rumor is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by sglatham View Post
    WTF if HG can't run.
    aren't we jumping the gun a bit speculating that there is anything wrong with HG.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    aren't we jumping the gun a bit speculating that there is anything wrong with HG.

Agreed!! As Hawk pointed out, the "other lift confirmations coming soon" is a bit suspicious based upon HG's prior malfunctions and that Upper Grinder appears not to be opening. Would just be good to know whether HG is going to run this coming weekend.

Probably going to be windy.

Well, our question just got answered on the Snow Report and Stoke Exchange.....NO Heaven's Gate on Saturday.
    I wonder if it was mechanical as they made plenty of snow on Upper Jester. Anyone in the know??

Somewhat of a soft start for Saturday. I know a lot of folks will be disappointed, but I am OK to just be starting this year At all. I just hope that the reason for no HG is not a lift issue and that it is just a snow issue.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by bumpcrasher View Post
    Well, our question just got answered on the Snow Report and Stoke Exchange.....NO Heaven's Gate on Saturday.
    I wonder if it was mechanical as they made plenty of snow on Upper Jester. Anyone in the know??
    According to the stoke exchange 6 trails going to be open. They specify lower grinder domino chute downspout lower downspout and coffee run. The last section of lower jester must be the 6th no upper mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The diesel back up is shot so they can't run the lift safely. I'm headed to Killington. Not good.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The diesel back up is shot so they can't run the lift safely. I'm headed to Killington. Not good.
    Not a good start at all!! I will see you there Hawk.

They cannot buy a break. I'm going to assume it just crapped out and give them the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, not a good start.

I've been hesitant to jump to conclusions, but the conditions update seems to confirm the worst fears. IF HG is mechanical, that is an epic failure given the history. Let's all chant "we want heavens gate" or "we want working lifts" in the lift line at opening.
    Or head to K like Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    They cannot buy a break. I'm going to assume it just crapped out and give them the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, not a good start.
    Actually, they could buy a break.

facebook update : Heaven’s Gate area isn't quite ready for opening but we aim to have it ready by Thanksgiving weekend

And it's a $73 lift ticket. Seriously?