Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    Well that really sucks. I don't know how you let it get this late in the season w/o having the aux motor on site already. they knew what the capital plan was in the Spring and they knew when opening day would be. WTF?!!!

That said, getting two ways down open on the lower mtn was more than I expected. Not sure they would have been able to cover the Domino Chute>OG route in such a short period of time in previous years. Will be interesting to see how fast they can move to Upper OG and then I guess Jester once HG spins and temps come back.
    +1. Not going to let this bring me down. Psyched to drive up this afternoon.

We have a spot in the car tomorrow morning Howie. I think we are going to meet up with Ben and Jenny. Waiting on confirmation. Plan is to ski K tomorrow and ski Sugarbush on Sunday for a while.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Facebook:

Win here. We have been waiting for a part for the auxiliary motor. It will arrive late tomorrow and installed asap. But the we have to get a final load test inspection by Vermont Tram authority. That should happen in a couple of days. Jester had good snow and ready to ski. Because this we shifted snowmaking to get lower organgrinder open for Saturday. I think you will have a fun opening day.
    Hey Win how long have you been waiting for the auxiliary motor part?

Anyone remember this thread I started over the summer-->

Off-season Improvements Discussion
    Just wondering if there are any updates on the promised lift upgrades?
    I was reminded of this, seeing the 2014 mountain biking season is underway via the Sugarbush webcam, and remembering these words from Win:

They have identified slightly more than $1 million of mechanical and electrical upgrades to the following lifts: Super Bravo Express Quad, Gate House Express Quad, Heaven's Gate Triple, North Lynx Triple, North Ridge Express Quad, Summit Quad, and Sunshine Double. I have approved all of them. These upgrades should give us the reliability that we all expect.

Back on topic. They are skiing!!! Look at the web cam. Doah.

Hint. Since the HG lift is not working how about you guys lets us pass holders ski this afternoon when we get up there? Just a suggestion. See you then with my skis on this afternoon.

Looking at webcam and radar there is a nice little upslope event going on now. Opening this afternoon would be a nice gesture but not gonna happen. Fingers crossed for Bravo working tomorrow....yes adding fuel to the fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    We have a spot in the car tomorrow morning Howie. I think we are going to meet up with Ben and Jenny. Waiting on confirmation. Plan is to ski K tomorrow and ski Sugarbush on Sunday for a while.
    Thanks but if I go down to K it will be sunday on the way home. Wifey broke her foot this week so she is on the DL for a month anyway. and I just saw those clowns this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Looking at webcam and radar there is a nice little upslope event going on now. Opening this afternoon would be a nice gesture but not gonna happen. Fingers crossed for Bravo working tomorrow....yes adding fuel to the fire....
    its puking snow. see the lift spinning but no passengers. might have to effort it up to the top tomorrow.

Hey let's give them a break here on HG. I mean it's not like they knew there was going to a winter season this year. I mean how often is there a Winter directly following Summer and Fall? Look it it up people. Not often. In fact I don't even have it marked on my Outlook Calender with a reminder so it ain't happening yet. I think I've got it marked for sometime in June or something this year, but the whole day light savings thing may have messed up my calendar. Or maybe the upgrade to iOS8 on my iPhone. Bottom line is you can't trust Apple. That's the real problem here.

I mean think about it. If they knew there was going to be a winter this year and that it was going to come up on us so unexpected then surely they wouldn't have waited to the last minute to get the lifts inspected. Especially given the debacle that was last season and all the bad press and consumer outrage related to it. No. If they knew they would have at least planned the inspection to happen much sooner to allow for any fixes or changes to be implemented in time for the season to start.

It's clearly not their fault. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go wait a good 15 more minutes for a line to form up before I start making this lift ramp.

It's good to be back baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Lower OG is one of the trails that received the new guns. Considering it ran for about 24-36 hours, it's in pretty good shape. Of course the cold temps this week have also helped. Upper OG is all set up and so is Ripcord and Snowball/Fling. When temps return after early next week's warmup, I'm sure we may resurface/touch up existing, then move on to those trails.