Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: Win's word

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    I would argue that the more sustainable way to make DS better is to go ahead with that old ASC plan and cut a cruising run between DS and Domino to spread out the traffic. While that would be unfortunate for the woodchucks, probably would be the better path long-term for the resort overall.
    dont ever speak of this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    I would argue that the more sustainable way to make DS better is to go ahead with that old ASC plan and cut a cruising run between DS and Domino to spread out the traffic. While that would be unfortunate for the woodchucks, probably would be the better path long-term for the resort overall.
    I would make a marked glade on the skier left of downspout. Also they should add a way to get to the top of lew's line without taking downspout.

The 2008 Vegetation Management Plan showed proposed trails. It included trails to BOTH skiers right and left of DS: one from intersection of Domino Chute and Organgrinder coming out right at base of HG lift. The other from Organgrinder (just up hill from DS) running down into Lower Ripcord just above the last drop before HG.

Bunch of other good stuff too that we can only dream of, like the "pod" between Castlerock and North Linx.......

The veggie management plan is an interesting read, or at least some parts of it are.

http://www.anr.state.vt.us/Imaging/P...th_Figures.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    +1. Plenty of options to avoid deathspout exist. No changes required.

Thanks for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    The veggie management plan is an interesting read, or at least some parts of it are.

http://www.anr.state.vt.us/Imaging/P...th_Figures.pdf
    Orca, thanks for sharing this - fascinating reading!

Ha! Yes I know - sacrilege.

Most of that plan was wish list type stuff. I think SV has no real plans for most of that. They did implement some of the glades though.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Most of that plan was wish list type stuff. I think SV has no real plans for most of that. They did implement some of the glades though.
    agreed. I think we will see the mid mtn lodge before any of that. were you at SR yesterday???

Nope. Wish I was. Actually I was in Healdsburg, CA. (Sonoma/Alexander/Pope Valley/Russian River) Drinking Big Slutty Cabby Cab and Pinots. Terri had business and I tagged along and we met some friends that moved out there. My liver hurts! Good training for the season.

agreed. I think we will see the mid mtn lodge before any of that. were you at SR yesterday???
    What I thought was interesting is the lifts shown on the Far Right and Left at Lincoln Peak. The one on the left would go from near the parking area at 22 arce lot (across from snow creek) to the top of racers edge and the one on the Right would go from the corner at German Flats (across from the Sugarbush inn) to above the village run. These 2 lifts would give all the near mountain lodging lift access. Pretty cool. My property value would be going way up.

Even more interesting and exciting are those planned or proposed trails to skiers right of Black Diamond and another one on the skiers left of Ext. Woods - presumably leading to the new lift above and to the lookers right of top of Inverness. Probably a short term pipe dream( 5 years?) but we can always hope. Exposure seems to be the largest element of concern. And maybe the high efficiency snow making guns makes this all possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jwt View Post
    Even more interesting and exciting are those planned or proposed trails to skiers right of Black Diamond and another one on the skiers left of Ext. Woods - presumably leading to the new lift above and to the lookers right of top of Inverness. Probably a short term pipe dream( 5 years?) but we can always hope. Exposure seems to be the largest element of concern. And maybe the high efficiency snow making guns makes this all possible?

Agree it's a bit of a pipe dream. That said, the exposure is the same as North Lynx but would be about 200' higher in elevation. Probably not a major impediment - really comes down to financial capacity and the vagaries of the regulatory process.