Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    The plan shows a number of new buildings. Buildings E and D are in those in question.
    I think the new Gadd Brook building is Building E. Not totally sure but that looks like the shape I saw on the renderings.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think the new Gadd Brook building is Building E. Not totally sure but that looks like the shape I saw on the renderings.
    Buildings B2 and B3 might be a similar size, so maybe its that. either way, curious to see the renderings. same architects as rice brook. personally, as much as I like claybrook, gatehouse, farmhouse and schoolhouse, architecturally, I'm not a fan of the way rice brook looks. Its kind of disjointed to me. Maybe the new building will bring it all together.

also, if its building "E", there is a bridge that is in the plans adjacent to it. One would think that would have been mentioned also, but maybe they are waiting to build that bridge until after the building is done. either way, imho, that bridge should be of some architectural significance. like a signature element to the design. but wtf do I know about design.

Hawk, maybe you can help me out here. The way I look at those plans, building E sits where the base of the village double is now, no??? not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    ....architecturally, I'm not a fan of the way rice brook looks. Its kind of disjointed to me. Maybe the new building will bring it all together.
    Lets hope so, because Rice Brook right now is butt-ugly.

The plans I have seen - the original master plan (someone provided a link above) - Building E would require a relo of Village Double. I have not heard plans to do so, and I am sure that any "relo" will be a replacement. So I highly doubt its building E. I'd say B.

Lets hope so, because Rice Brook right now is butt-ugly.
    that's one way to say it. I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by sglatham View Post
    The plans I have seen - the original master plan (someone provided a link above) - Building E would require a relo of Village Double. I have not heard plans to do so, and I am sure that any "relo" will be a replacement. So I highly doubt its building E. I'd say B.
    That's what I think too.

as for the lift relocation, I heard they were leaning toward replacing it with a triple since its predominantly used for beginner lessons, and the triple would allow each coach to take 2 kids up with them.

I would think the new Village would be at least a Triple if not a Quad. Besides wanting to take more students with each instructor, that lift runs very slow due to the lack of experience of its customers. Add to that more traffic from Rice Brook, Gadd Brook etc and the lift needs more capacity. If Valley House gets built next summer, and assuming all else goes well, I would think they have replace Village the next summer.

It's Building B. I stand corrected.

Snow looked nice on the hill. Getting closer.

They fired up the guns this morning. Sounds like they are blowing out the mice.

Overall pattern not looking good for the next couple of weeks. We need a big middle of Nov turn of the weather leading into Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by sglatham View Post
    Overall pattern not looking good for the next couple of weeks. We need a big middle of Nov turn of the weather leading into Thanksgiving!
    I'm fine with that. lets get all the warmth over with now.

From the 2014-15 Farmers Almanac:

Winter will be much colder than normal, with near-normal precipitation and below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid- and late December, early and mid-January, and mid- to late February. The snowiest periods will be in mid- to late November, mid- and late December, and early to mid-March.

From the 2014-15 Farmers Almanac:

Winter will be much colder than normal, with near-normal precipitation and below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid- and late December, early and mid-January, and mid- to late February. The snowiest periods will be in mid- to late November, mid- and late December, and early to mid-March.
    Gee, that doesn't bode well for Jan/Feb - most of the( us) die-hards will benefit from March/Nov - but for the ski business, outside of a good Christmas week, that doesn't look promising.

Since the northeast lacks moisture - been a dry season here in eastern NE - I'm hoping the balance comes in the form of crystals in the colder months as stated in the FA above. I believe they are supposed to be in general 80% accurate ( unless that is the Old Farmers Almanac performance?) but let's look at this April 1st and see. Meantime, bring on the cold and snow and maybe those new guns will have an early test ( late Dec/Jan/Feb) They shut them down after mid Feb anyway.

The one invoice our house loves to be higher is the snow removal one!

Almost time to rip.