Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I would bet it will be (2) lifts, Bravo and Heavens Gate with Upper Jester down to Downspout and then Lower Downspout to Coffee run at the bottom. I am not sure if they blew Upper Organgrinder but that is something that they have done in the past. Report is that they are good on the lower mountain so there will be no down loading. This would be the typical start sans the downloading.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Snow blowing and the super bravo turning on the webcam this morning. We are so close.

Looks like they haven't been blowing on grinder. It will be kind of shocking if with this remarkable batch of cold weather they can't get T2B on jester/downspout/lower jester/coffee run and grinder open.

Web site says one TTB run down for weekend. So its Jester/DS/Coffee. Maybe they surprise and get OG open but they would need to start blasting soon. Looks like guns will be off on Saturday with a few days of warmth thereafter. Hopefully the cold comes back leading into Thanksgiving.

They say Bravo will Run and they will confirm other lifts. What does that mean? I hope they are not having issues with HG again.

Also they are charging $67 a day for one way down. Sunday river was $35 for 3 ways down. Killington is $54 but they have the 2 for 1 deal going. Doesn't impact me as I have a pass but I would imagine no one will buy tickets.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Looking at cold summit temps the next few days, they could really make a run at OG with the new guns. With the temps, accumulated natural snow, 36 hours should be enough to get it open. The issue is Lower DS, Lower Jester, Coffee Run is a long piece of real estate and takes a lot of guns. I just question the use of the new guns. More efficient guns means more can run and they are built for cold temps. I hope they make a go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Looking at cold summit temps the next few days, they could really make a run at OG with the new guns. With the temps, accumulated natural snow, 36 hours should be enough to get it open. The issue is Lower DS, Lower Jester, Coffee Run is a long piece of real estate and takes a lot of guns. I just question the use of the new guns. More efficient guns means more can run and they are built for cold temps. I hope they make a go of it.
    Hence my thus-far unanswered question to ShadyJay re: performance of the new guns and related infrastructure. Not exactly seeing any step change improvement thus far.

The snowmaking is getting more than reasonable assistance for opening weekend from good old Mother Nature.

Today A slight chance of snow showers before 10am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a southwest wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 21 to 26 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -9. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -13. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -13. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 24 mph.

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Heaven's Gate will not run according to today's update on the snow report. Lower mountain only.

anyone care to share how much snow fell this morning????

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    anyone care to share how much snow fell this morning????

According to their FB 8", but "some might be from yesterday".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    According to their FB 8", but "some might be from yesterday".
    Awesome. Heard a similar report from Stowe.

Interesting observation. I skied on Saturday and had a fine day. But was very surprised to see to big ice patches. One on upper Domino and the second on lower coffee run. With all the new technology you would think there would be none of that. I went to Killington yesterday. Ticket prices where $4.00 less/day and 20 times more open ski-able terrain. And no ice any where. I will say they only had 1 bump run so as an expert with lower Organgrinder open with bumps that helped to even the playing field.